Looking to cure your cabin fever? Retzer Nature Center, S14 W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, has the antidote! On Saturday, February 5, Retzer will hold its annual Wild Winter Night from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy a guided winter night hikes throughout the evening, children's activites and crafts; a Mitten Story, Beaded Snowflake, and Fun With Snow, free snowshoe rentals and an informal sing-along by a warm campfire with s’mores and hot cocoa. We’ll explore the winter sky through an outdoor observation with telescopes, as well as an indoor Planetarium program entitled “Honey I shrunk the Solar System”
Please note that there are a limited amount of snowshoes available so there may be a waiting time. Planetarium shows are limited to 90 people per show, and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be distributed beginning at 6:00 p.m. Show times are every half-hour starting at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. A fee of $2.00 per person is payable at the door. No pre-registration is required. Log on to www.waukeshacountyparks.com for more information.
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities