Looking to cure your cabin fever? Retzer Nature Center, S14 W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, has the antidote! On Saturday, February 5, Retzer will hold its annual Wild Winter Night from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy a guided winter night hikes throughout the evening, children's activites and crafts; a Mitten Story, Beaded Snowflake, and Fun With Snow, free snowshoe rentals and an informal sing-along by a warm campfire with s’mores and hot cocoa. We’ll explore the winter sky through an outdoor observation with telescopes, as well as an indoor Planetarium program entitled “Honey I shrunk the Solar System”
Please note that there are a limited amount of snowshoes available so there may be a waiting time. Planetarium shows are limited to 90 people per show, and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be distributed beginning at 6:00 p.m. Show times are every half-hour starting at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. A fee of $2.00 per person is payable at the door. No pre-registration is required. Log on to www.waukeshacountyparks.com for more information.
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Waukesha South Class of 1986 30-Year Reunion
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Liberty Dance Center holds annual Spring Recital
- Mosquito Prevention a Must for Homeowners this Season