Looking to cure your cabin fever? Retzer Nature Center, S14 W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, has the antidote! On Saturday, February 5, Retzer will hold its annual Wild Winter Night from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy a guided winter night hikes throughout the evening, children's activites and crafts; a Mitten Story, Beaded Snowflake, and Fun With Snow, free snowshoe rentals and an informal sing-along by a warm campfire with s’mores and hot cocoa. We’ll explore the winter sky through an outdoor observation with telescopes, as well as an indoor Planetarium program entitled “Honey I shrunk the Solar System”
Please note that there are a limited amount of snowshoes available so there may be a waiting time. Planetarium shows are limited to 90 people per show, and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be distributed beginning at 6:00 p.m. Show times are every half-hour starting at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. A fee of $2.00 per person is payable at the door. No pre-registration is required. Log on to www.waukeshacountyparks.com for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- Mezzanine Manufacturer Steele Solutions Announces Leadership Changes to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs