The Waukesha County Fair Association is seeking contestants for the 2011 Waukesha County Fair Top Singer contest, presented by WITI-FOX 6, on Wednesday, July 20, opening night of the Waukesha County Fair, sponsored by Aurora Heath Care. The Fair runs Wednesday, July 20 thru Sunday, July 24.
Preliminaries for Top Singer will be held on the Fairgrounds in the Arena on Tuesday, June 21 beginning at 4 pm. Registration ends promptly at 5:30 pm. Contestants must be age 16 to 28. Individuals who advance will perform on stage and before a panel of 3 distinguished judges in the Leinie Lodge, sponsored by Citizens Band of Mukwonago, Wednesday, July 20 at 7:30 pm.
• Registration is just $5 in advance, $10 the night of the preliminary contest. Entrants should be prepared to sing a capella (without music) and those under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Entrants can preregister by mailing a check for $5 to the Waukesha County Fair along with name, date of birth, street address, phone number & email address to the Waukesha County Fair Office – 2417 Silvernail Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072.
• The Top Singer winner will receive $250 in cash and have the opportunity to perform his or her winning song on the Miller Lite Main Stage Sunday, July 24, immediately before The Beach Boys perform at 6 pm. First runner-up will also receive a cash prize and may perform in place of the Top Singer should he or she be unavailable.
• For the complete rules and how to enter the contest, visit www.WaukeshaCountyFair.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- Ninth Annual Religious and Independent School Leadership Conference
- Liberty Dance Center, LLC has a busy February
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients