Waukesha, WI – Two Waukesha South High School athletes have been selected as the winter recipients of the Outstanding Athlete Award presented by the Waukesha & Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau Sports Committee. Katy Allen and Tyler Vermey were chosen from an impressive list of nominees for the Winter Sports Award. Each was presented their awards by Sports Committee Chair, Lori Fabian, at their Athlete Award Recognition ceremony on Wednesday evening.
“We were again pleased with the response from the local high schools in this initial year for the Outstanding Athlete Award. The Sports Committee reviewed nominations for very qualified student-athletes, who are also active in their communities and leaders in their academic studies” said Tammy Tritz, Executive Director of the Waukesha & Pewaukee CVB. Varsity athletes at all Waukesha and Pewaukee public and private high schools are eligible for consideration.
Allen, a Senior at Waukesha South High School was selected for her athletic accomplishment in basketball. She is a four year varsity letter winner, a three time captain, three time all-conference winner and among other impressive accomplishments, also selected to plan on the Wisconsin All Star Team. She is also a member of National Honor Society, AP Scholar with Distinction and is ranked #1 in her class with a 4.68 gpa.
Vermey, also a Senior at Waukesha South, was recognized for his role on the hockey team. He too has many athletic accomplishments, including 1st Team All Conference for Classic 8, and a Hobey Baker Award winner. In addition, Vermey is a member of the National Honor Society, Scholar Athlete Award winner, Honorable Mention All Conference winner for football and baseball.
Nominations for the spring sports season, for both male and female athlete, will be accepted through June 1. More information on the award can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is dedicated to the promotion of Waukesha & Pewaukee, WI, as a business and leisure destination. The allure of the area has been publicized by being chosen to host ABC’s Good Morning America, named 50th “100 Best Places to Live” – Money Magazine, and named “Best Affordable Suburb” in the US – Business Week. Additional community information can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie Screening
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975 - 40th Reunion
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity