Waukesha, WI – Two Waukesha South High School athletes have been selected as the winter recipients of the Outstanding Athlete Award presented by the Waukesha & Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau Sports Committee. Katy Allen and Tyler Vermey were chosen from an impressive list of nominees for the Winter Sports Award. Each was presented their awards by Sports Committee Chair, Lori Fabian, at their Athlete Award Recognition ceremony on Wednesday evening.
“We were again pleased with the response from the local high schools in this initial year for the Outstanding Athlete Award. The Sports Committee reviewed nominations for very qualified student-athletes, who are also active in their communities and leaders in their academic studies” said Tammy Tritz, Executive Director of the Waukesha & Pewaukee CVB. Varsity athletes at all Waukesha and Pewaukee public and private high schools are eligible for consideration.
Allen, a Senior at Waukesha South High School was selected for her athletic accomplishment in basketball. She is a four year varsity letter winner, a three time captain, three time all-conference winner and among other impressive accomplishments, also selected to plan on the Wisconsin All Star Team. She is also a member of National Honor Society, AP Scholar with Distinction and is ranked #1 in her class with a 4.68 gpa.
Vermey, also a Senior at Waukesha South, was recognized for his role on the hockey team. He too has many athletic accomplishments, including 1st Team All Conference for Classic 8, and a Hobey Baker Award winner. In addition, Vermey is a member of the National Honor Society, Scholar Athlete Award winner, Honorable Mention All Conference winner for football and baseball.
Nominations for the spring sports season, for both male and female athlete, will be accepted through June 1. More information on the award can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is dedicated to the promotion of Waukesha & Pewaukee, WI, as a business and leisure destination. The allure of the area has been publicized by being chosen to host ABC’s Good Morning America, named 50th “100 Best Places to Live” – Money Magazine, and named “Best Affordable Suburb” in the US – Business Week. Additional community information can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition