The Waukesha Memorial Hospital scholarship program recently awarded scholarships to 21 Waukesha County residents who are pursuing degrees in a health-related field.
This year’s scholarships were funded by the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Foundation with contributions that were made in memory of Dr. Earl Schultz, Mardell Weir and Vidabelle Howe. Students received between $1,000 and $3,000 in grants for an academic year. Scholarship grants may be applied to any school or college that is accredited in the field in which the grant is made.
Since the scholarship program was initiated in 1957, 532 scholarships have been awarded totaling almost $987,000.
2011 Scholarship Recipients from Waukesha are the following;
Sarah Bernhardt plans to attend Carroll University to study Physical Therapy
Marisa Camacho plans to attend UW-Madison to study Nursing
Ryan Lau plans to attend Dartmouth College to study Clinical Lab Sciences
Katie Schlimgen plans to attend Carroll University to study Nursing
Karina Weidman plans to attend Milwaukee School of Engineering to study Nursing
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Waukesha Monkey Joe's Hosts Food Drive in October
- Ixonia Bank Selects Safe Babies Healthy Families for Casual for a Cause
- The 6th Annual Southeast WI Festival of Books Announces Keynote Speakers
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Oct. 2-3, 64th Fall WADA Antiques Show
- Men Behind the Mission recognizes Waukesha County men empowering girls and women
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?