The Waukesha Memorial Hospital scholarship program recently awarded scholarships to 21 Waukesha County residents who are pursuing degrees in a health-related field.
This year’s scholarships were funded by the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Foundation with contributions that were made in memory of Dr. Earl Schultz, Mardell Weir and Vidabelle Howe. Students received between $1,000 and $3,000 in grants for an academic year. Scholarship grants may be applied to any school or college that is accredited in the field in which the grant is made.
Since the scholarship program was initiated in 1957, 532 scholarships have been awarded totaling almost $987,000.
2011 Scholarship Recipients from Waukesha are the following;
Sarah Bernhardt plans to attend Carroll University to study Physical Therapy
Marisa Camacho plans to attend UW-Madison to study Nursing
Ryan Lau plans to attend Dartmouth College to study Clinical Lab Sciences
Katie Schlimgen plans to attend Carroll University to study Nursing
Karina Weidman plans to attend Milwaukee School of Engineering to study Nursing
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays