The Waukesha Memorial Hospital scholarship program recently awarded scholarships to 21 Waukesha County residents who are pursuing degrees in a health-related field.
This year’s scholarships were funded by the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Foundation with contributions that were made in memory of Dr. Earl Schultz, Mardell Weir and Vidabelle Howe. Students received between $1,000 and $3,000 in grants for an academic year. Scholarship grants may be applied to any school or college that is accredited in the field in which the grant is made.
Since the scholarship program was initiated in 1957, 532 scholarships have been awarded totaling almost $987,000.
2011 Scholarship Recipients from Waukesha are the following;
Sarah Bernhardt plans to attend Carroll University to study Physical Therapy
Marisa Camacho plans to attend UW-Madison to study Nursing
Ryan Lau plans to attend Dartmouth College to study Clinical Lab Sciences
Katie Schlimgen plans to attend Carroll University to study Nursing
Karina Weidman plans to attend Milwaukee School of Engineering to study Nursing
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Waukesha Area Tennis Players Battle in Doubles Tourney
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Fall Native Plant Sale Pre-Orders due July 31
- Thank you to the community for Funds Raised for Waukesha Parks
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- MCW to expand Tosa Center
- MCW concussion expert wins GE & NFL Head Health Challenge Award