The Waukesha Memorial Hospital scholarship program recently awarded scholarships to 21 Waukesha County residents who are pursuing degrees in a health-related field.
This year’s scholarships were funded by the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Foundation with contributions that were made in memory of Dr. Earl Schultz, Mardell Weir and Vidabelle Howe. Students received between $1,000 and $3,000 in grants for an academic year. Scholarship grants may be applied to any school or college that is accredited in the field in which the grant is made.
Since the scholarship program was initiated in 1957, 532 scholarships have been awarded totaling almost $987,000.
2011 Scholarship Recipients from Waukesha are the following;
Sarah Bernhardt plans to attend Carroll University to study Physical Therapy
Marisa Camacho plans to attend UW-Madison to study Nursing
Ryan Lau plans to attend Dartmouth College to study Clinical Lab Sciences
Katie Schlimgen plans to attend Carroll University to study Nursing
Karina Weidman plans to attend Milwaukee School of Engineering to study Nursing
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- Nutcracker Magic Comes Alive in Lake Country
- WCTC-ECE Practicum III partners with Safe Babies Healthy Families
- Hamilton junior varsity cheerleaders sponsor clinic
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival