Brookfield, WI (September 12, 2011) John Shelby Spong, well-known author of “Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism” and other popular titles will preach at Trinity UCC on Sunday, September 25 at 10:00 a.m. Spong is a retired bishop of the Episcopal Church Diocese of Newark, New Jersey and, in addition to being an author, is a liberal Christian theologian and religious commentator.
Several of Spong’s books will be available for purchase including an opportunity to order the November release of “Reclaiming the Bible for a Non-Religious World” at a special price. Rev. Spong will also be signing autographs. It is suggested attendees arrive fifteen minutes or more prior to 10:00 a.m and admission to the service is at no charge to the public.
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey.
Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information or call 262/781-9378.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Local student leads project to Can Hunger in Waukesha County
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Carroll education professor will share expertise at UW-Madison