Waukesha, Wis. – Hot? Trendy? Classic? What’s your style?
The second annual Sweetheart Fashion Show – benefiting Safe Babies Healthy Families - will have them all. The Feb. 4 event, starting at 11 a.m. at the Marriott Hotel, W231-N1600 Corporate Court, will spotlight the latest offerings from local boutiques and raise money to break the cycle of child abuse, neglect and poverty in Waukesha County.
Longtime county residents Andrea Bryant and Kay Lettenberger are co-chairs of the Sweetheart Fashion Show, which began with a splash in 2011. Along with many items of clothing and jewelry displayed, this year’s event will feature a gourmet lunch, and dozens of raffle items along with select auction items. Jordan Dechambre, Fashion Editor for M Magazine, is the guest emcee.
All proceeds from the Sweetheart Fashion Show will benefit Safe Babies Healthy Families, the newly-merged organization of the agencies formerly known as Pregnancy Support Connection and Healthy Families of Waukesha County. Safe Babies Healthy Families provides comprehensive intervention, support and education services to young, at-risk parents who lack the financial, health and social supports necessary to build safe and stable environments for themselves and their children.
“We are thrilled to have the Sweetheart Fashion Show as the first public event for Safe Babies Healthy Families,” said Nancy Major, the organization’s Executive Director. “We built on the tremendous success of last year’s fashion show to make this one even better. We have a great lineup of styles to match every taste, and we’re confident that there will be something for every guest to enjoy.”
The Sweetheart Fashion Show will highlight styles from Stephanie Horne Boutique, Bieg Boutique, Faye’s and Stella & Dot Jewelry. Roots Salon will provide hair and makeup services.
Individual tickets for the Sweetheart Fashion Show are $40. For more details and online registration, go to http://www.pregnancy-support.org/2012-fashion-show or call (262) 524-4120. Sponsorship opportunities for the event are available.
“The Sweetheart Fashion Show is all about great fashion for a great cause,” Major said. “We look forward to sharing the excitement with our guests and building a stronger community at the same time.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on April 22, 2015