The Waukesha County Recycling Office is sponsoring two free workshops on Saturday, April 14, at the Retzer Nature Center.
Compost Workshop from 10:00 – 11:00 am: Learn how to create your own compost, how to use it, and different bin styles to build or buy. Find out the “Top 10 Reasons” to compost! Discover the secrets of healthy soil for beautiful lawns and gardens, and the role compost plays.
Caring for Your Lawn the Organic Way 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Treating weeds with herbicides, insects with pesticides, and promoting grass growth with synthetic fertilizers has been our traditional approach to maintaining a green lawn. However, not only do these products present potential health concerns for our families and pets, we now know that they damage the soil. You can have a green and healthy lawn through organic practices that also feed the soil – our most basic life-support system.
Both workshops are free; however, registration is encouraged in order to have the appropriate number of materials ready. Please call 262-578-7801 by Friday, April 13.
These workshops are part of Retzer’s “School” of the Land. For more information about the workshops, visit www.waukeshacounty/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Waukesha Xtreme Dance Team Tryouts
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Liberty Dance Center competes at Triple S
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!