The Waukesha County Recycling Office is sponsoring two free workshops on Saturday, April 14, at the Retzer Nature Center.
Compost Workshop from 10:00 – 11:00 am: Learn how to create your own compost, how to use it, and different bin styles to build or buy. Find out the “Top 10 Reasons” to compost! Discover the secrets of healthy soil for beautiful lawns and gardens, and the role compost plays.
Caring for Your Lawn the Organic Way 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Treating weeds with herbicides, insects with pesticides, and promoting grass growth with synthetic fertilizers has been our traditional approach to maintaining a green lawn. However, not only do these products present potential health concerns for our families and pets, we now know that they damage the soil. You can have a green and healthy lawn through organic practices that also feed the soil – our most basic life-support system.
Both workshops are free; however, registration is encouraged in order to have the appropriate number of materials ready. Please call 262-578-7801 by Friday, April 13.
These workshops are part of Retzer’s “School” of the Land. For more information about the workshops, visit www.waukeshacounty/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- Waukesha Lacrosse Club - Register NOW for Spring 2016 Season
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Liberty Dance Center- Prelude to Season Showcase