The Waukesha County Recycling Office is sponsoring two free workshops on Saturday, April 14, at the Retzer Nature Center.
Compost Workshop from 10:00 – 11:00 am: Learn how to create your own compost, how to use it, and different bin styles to build or buy. Find out the “Top 10 Reasons” to compost! Discover the secrets of healthy soil for beautiful lawns and gardens, and the role compost plays.
Caring for Your Lawn the Organic Way 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Treating weeds with herbicides, insects with pesticides, and promoting grass growth with synthetic fertilizers has been our traditional approach to maintaining a green lawn. However, not only do these products present potential health concerns for our families and pets, we now know that they damage the soil. You can have a green and healthy lawn through organic practices that also feed the soil – our most basic life-support system.
Both workshops are free; however, registration is encouraged in order to have the appropriate number of materials ready. Please call 262-578-7801 by Friday, April 13.
These workshops are part of Retzer’s “School” of the Land. For more information about the workshops, visit www.waukeshacounty/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- Germantown Jr. Warhawks Take Richfield Summer Classic Tournament U-08 Championship