The Waukesha County Recycling Office is sponsoring two free workshops on Saturday, April 14, at the Retzer Nature Center.
Compost Workshop from 10:00 – 11:00 am: Learn how to create your own compost, how to use it, and different bin styles to build or buy. Find out the “Top 10 Reasons” to compost! Discover the secrets of healthy soil for beautiful lawns and gardens, and the role compost plays.
Caring for Your Lawn the Organic Way 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Treating weeds with herbicides, insects with pesticides, and promoting grass growth with synthetic fertilizers has been our traditional approach to maintaining a green lawn. However, not only do these products present potential health concerns for our families and pets, we now know that they damage the soil. You can have a green and healthy lawn through organic practices that also feed the soil – our most basic life-support system.
Both workshops are free; however, registration is encouraged in order to have the appropriate number of materials ready. Please call 262-578-7801 by Friday, April 13.
These workshops are part of Retzer’s “School” of the Land. For more information about the workshops, visit www.waukeshacounty/recycling
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Recycling Stream Quality
- Lorna Landvik to discuss and sign new novel Best to Laugh at Books & Company in Oconomowoc