Find a musical treasure Sunday afternoon, April 29th, at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's used music sale being held at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8500 W. Wisconsin Avenue. A benefit for its Scholarship Fund, there will be sheet music, concerti, quartets, choral works, arias, etudes, song collections, accordion solos -- a mother lode for aspiring young musicmakers or teachers seeking materials for their students.
(Check or cash only.)
Shoppers will be encouraged to attend the Club’s first-ever MUSIC MARATHON, a showcase for talented teen-agers, being held in conjunction with the above Music Sale. (Suggested donation: $5.00) This event provides young classically-trained musicians with the opportunity to appear in a public arena. Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, monetary prizes will be awarded for three of the most outstanding performances.
These concurrent events are open to the public throughout the afternoon. Complete details available at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction