Find a musical treasure Sunday afternoon, April 29th, at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's used music sale being held at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8500 W. Wisconsin Avenue. A benefit for its Scholarship Fund, there will be sheet music, concerti, quartets, choral works, arias, etudes, song collections, accordion solos -- a mother lode for aspiring young musicmakers or teachers seeking materials for their students.
(Check or cash only.)
Shoppers will be encouraged to attend the Club’s first-ever MUSIC MARATHON, a showcase for talented teen-agers, being held in conjunction with the above Music Sale. (Suggested donation: $5.00) This event provides young classically-trained musicians with the opportunity to appear in a public arena. Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, monetary prizes will be awarded for three of the most outstanding performances.
These concurrent events are open to the public throughout the afternoon. Complete details available at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- Germantown Jr. Warhawks Take Richfield Summer Classic Tournament U-08 Championship
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces