Find a musical treasure Sunday afternoon, April 29th, at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's used music sale being held at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8500 W. Wisconsin Avenue. A benefit for its Scholarship Fund, there will be sheet music, concerti, quartets, choral works, arias, etudes, song collections, accordion solos -- a mother lode for aspiring young musicmakers or teachers seeking materials for their students.
(Check or cash only.)
Shoppers will be encouraged to attend the Club’s first-ever MUSIC MARATHON, a showcase for talented teen-agers, being held in conjunction with the above Music Sale. (Suggested donation: $5.00) This event provides young classically-trained musicians with the opportunity to appear in a public arena. Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, monetary prizes will be awarded for three of the most outstanding performances.
These concurrent events are open to the public throughout the afternoon. Complete details available at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stay In the Loop at the Library
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- Waukesha Lacrosse Club - Register NOW for Spring 2016 Season
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Seven Tips to Stay Safe on Winter Roads