Find a musical treasure Sunday afternoon, April 29th, at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's used music sale being held at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8500 W. Wisconsin Avenue. A benefit for its Scholarship Fund, there will be sheet music, concerti, quartets, choral works, arias, etudes, song collections, accordion solos -- a mother lode for aspiring young musicmakers or teachers seeking materials for their students.
(Check or cash only.)
Shoppers will be encouraged to attend the Club’s first-ever MUSIC MARATHON, a showcase for talented teen-agers, being held in conjunction with the above Music Sale. (Suggested donation: $5.00) This event provides young classically-trained musicians with the opportunity to appear in a public arena. Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, monetary prizes will be awarded for three of the most outstanding performances.
These concurrent events are open to the public throughout the afternoon. Complete details available at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on April 22, 2015