Find a musical treasure Sunday afternoon, April 29th, at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's used music sale being held at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8500 W. Wisconsin Avenue. A benefit for its Scholarship Fund, there will be sheet music, concerti, quartets, choral works, arias, etudes, song collections, accordion solos -- a mother lode for aspiring young musicmakers or teachers seeking materials for their students.
(Check or cash only.)
Shoppers will be encouraged to attend the Club’s first-ever MUSIC MARATHON, a showcase for talented teen-agers, being held in conjunction with the above Music Sale. (Suggested donation: $5.00) This event provides young classically-trained musicians with the opportunity to appear in a public arena. Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, monetary prizes will be awarded for three of the most outstanding performances.
These concurrent events are open to the public throughout the afternoon. Complete details available at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Waukesha Area Tennis Players Battle in Doubles Tourney
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Fall Native Plant Sale Pre-Orders due July 31
- Thank you to the community for Funds Raised for Waukesha Parks
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- MCW to expand Tosa Center
- MCW concussion expert wins GE & NFL Head Health Challenge Award