The Rock River HOG Chapter’s 18th annual ride for breast cancer research, “Ridin’ to a Cure,” will be held September 21-22 at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
Festivities begin at 6:00pm on Friday, September 21st with a pre-registration party and survivor’s parade. Bikers hit the road at 8:45am Saturday morning. Following the ride, the Rock River HOG Chapter will host a celebration at Olympia Resort featuring a live auction, live entertainment, food and beverages and opportunities to win items that include a $20,000 voucher toward a Wisconsin Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
Participants must pledge a minimum of $40 to ride. Last year, nearly 1,000 bikers raised $188,000 for breast cancer research. The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center has received more than $1.6 million in grants since the ride began.
“We are a dedicated volunteer-based organization with the ultimate goal of being instrumental in achieving a cure for breast cancer. It is our responsibility and privilege to continue funding relevant and innovative breast cancer research as well as improving treatment methods and outcomes for breast cancer survivors, “said Debbie Gast, President of the Rock River Cancer Research Foundation. “We are truly grateful to our sponsors, Wisconsin Harley-Davidson and the Rock River HOG Chapter members who devote many hours to make this event a success every year.”
Information and registration details can be found at www.ridintoacure.com or https://www.facebook.com/ridintoacuresupport.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and the Center for Business Performance Solutions (CBPS) announce December workshop schedule
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- WPCVB Helps Wisconsin Bundle Up!
- Allume Architects celebrates move to Elm Grove with ribbon-cutting and open house
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on December 2, 2015
- Local Chiropractors Disucss: The Role of Antioxidants in Good Health
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Attitude of Gratitude
- MCW, Dr. Doug Evans and Elizabeth Krzywda, win BizTimes 2015 Health Care Hero Awards
- ‘Black Friday’ Vehicle Purchase at Russ Darrow Includes Packer Player Collector Canvas