The Rock River HOG Chapter’s 18th annual ride for breast cancer research, “Ridin’ to a Cure,” will be held September 21-22 at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
Festivities begin at 6:00pm on Friday, September 21st with a pre-registration party and survivor’s parade. Bikers hit the road at 8:45am Saturday morning. Following the ride, the Rock River HOG Chapter will host a celebration at Olympia Resort featuring a live auction, live entertainment, food and beverages and opportunities to win items that include a $20,000 voucher toward a Wisconsin Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
Participants must pledge a minimum of $40 to ride. Last year, nearly 1,000 bikers raised $188,000 for breast cancer research. The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center has received more than $1.6 million in grants since the ride began.
“We are a dedicated volunteer-based organization with the ultimate goal of being instrumental in achieving a cure for breast cancer. It is our responsibility and privilege to continue funding relevant and innovative breast cancer research as well as improving treatment methods and outcomes for breast cancer survivors, “said Debbie Gast, President of the Rock River Cancer Research Foundation. “We are truly grateful to our sponsors, Wisconsin Harley-Davidson and the Rock River HOG Chapter members who devote many hours to make this event a success every year.”
Information and registration details can be found at www.ridintoacure.com or https://www.facebook.com/ridintoacuresupport.
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at WQYL/ Hunger Task Force Event
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19