Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by the Burie Family on Friday, October 12, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King's Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation's Great Hall.
This family band from southeastern Wisconsin shares gospel bluegrass music from a Christ-centered, family foundation. Members are Bethany on guitar, Neil Greenwald on banjo and dobro, Rebekah on fiddle, Joe on the upright bass, and Nathaniel on mandolin.
Winners of the Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI)'s Christian/Gospel Artist of the Year in 2012, the group is influenced by traditional bluegrass and old-time music, such as the Carter Family and Earl Scruggs as well as the harmonies of contemporary artists from The Isaacs to Blue Highway.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Waukesha South Class of 1986 30-Year Reunion
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Liberty Dance Center holds annual Spring Recital
- Mosquito Prevention a Must for Homeowners this Season