Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by the Burie Family on Friday, October 12, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King's Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation's Great Hall.
This family band from southeastern Wisconsin shares gospel bluegrass music from a Christ-centered, family foundation. Members are Bethany on guitar, Neil Greenwald on banjo and dobro, Rebekah on fiddle, Joe on the upright bass, and Nathaniel on mandolin.
Winners of the Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI)'s Christian/Gospel Artist of the Year in 2012, the group is influenced by traditional bluegrass and old-time music, such as the Carter Family and Earl Scruggs as well as the harmonies of contemporary artists from The Isaacs to Blue Highway.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winners of the 2015 Lake Country Photo Contest
- Auditions for Falls Patio Players show "Godspell"
- Monkey Joe's Offers Discounted Admission & Free Ice Cream
- Waukesha Sunrise Rotary Looks for Golfers to Play The Legend of Brandybrook
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at Waukesha County Fair
- Waukesha Civic Band 72nd Season Plays On
- Independence Day Activities in Waukesha
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- R.A. Smith National Celebrates Culmination of June Nature Challenge