Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by the Burie Family on Friday, October 12, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King's Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation's Great Hall.
This family band from southeastern Wisconsin shares gospel bluegrass music from a Christ-centered, family foundation. Members are Bethany on guitar, Neil Greenwald on banjo and dobro, Rebekah on fiddle, Joe on the upright bass, and Nathaniel on mandolin.
Winners of the Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI)'s Christian/Gospel Artist of the Year in 2012, the group is influenced by traditional bluegrass and old-time music, such as the Carter Family and Earl Scruggs as well as the harmonies of contemporary artists from The Isaacs to Blue Highway.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- UWM and Wisconsin Literacy to Host Workforce Training Conference: Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers
- Walk a Mile in My Shoes... 7th Annual St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor Walk
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis