Waukesha Choral Union (WCU) will host a new fundraising event, “Fashionable Tidings Luncheon,” Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Merrill Hills Country Club, W270S3425 Merrill Hills Road, Waukesha, WI. Attendees will enjoy a fashion show of holiday designs over lunch with their friends. Tickets are $35.
“The board of directors is excited about this new fund-raising effort,” said Tom Custis, Waukesha
Choral Union president. “Thanks to the generosity of Bruce Paul Goodman, proceeds from ‘Fashionable Tidings Luncheon’ will be used to further our organization’s mission to challenge, enrich, and engage its singing members, audiences, and community through the pursuit of excellence and a variety of programming.”
“Fashionable Tidings Luncheon” will begin at 11:00am with a wine tasting from Harbor Ridge Winery of Egg Harbor, WI. It will also feature a basket raffle of items donated by area businesses, the Brusubardis String Quartet providing musical ambiance and Mark Baden, WISN Channel 12 Chief Meteorologist, as the emcee of the program. The luncheon will include a tasty Oriental Chicken Salad followed by a fashion show by area designer Bruce Paul Goodman, displaying pieces from his boutique, along with items from A.J. Ugent Fine Furs and Squire Fine Men’s Apparel.
“The ‘Fashionable Tidings Luncheon’ fits right into the overall theme of our current season; ‘Spirit of Creativity,’” said Ernest Brusubardis, Waukesha Choral Union artistic director. “Clothing designs are another manifestation of our unique human ability to express emotion through art.”
“Fashionable Tidings Luncheon” tickets are available from either Waukesha Choral Union members, online at http://www.choralunion.org or by phone at 414-297-9310.
Three concerts remain in the 2012-2013 Waukesha Choral Union season;
• December 7 and 9, 2012, “Lessons and Carols.”
• March 17, 2013, “Handel’s Messiah” free concert including full orchestra and soloists.
• May 4, 2013, “Something Old & Something New.”
Bruce Paul Goodman offers a wide range of sophisticated styles and designs from casual wear to evening gowns, carrying many exclusive-to-Milwaukee designers from Spain, Italy, France and the U.S. Visit 18915 W. Capitol Dr., Brookfield, WI. or call 262-781-6083 for more information.
Waukesha Choral Union has been musically active in the community for over 60 years. WCU was featured in WISN-TV’s “Season to Celebrate” broadcast during Christmas of 2011. Originally a combination of Carroll College students and community singers, it took its present form as an auditioned choir in 1978. Waukesha Choral Union derives its strength and quality from its members’ passion for singing and is always seeking new voices. Auditions are held by appointment. Recent collaborative partners include the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Oconomowoc Chamber Orchestra, Bel Canto Chorus, Milwaukee Choristers, Carroll University Choirs, and the choirs of Waukesha South High School, Muskego High School, and Hartford Union High School. For more information visit http://www.choralunion.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility