WomenConnected announced it has awarded $75,000 in grants to 14 ProHealth Care programs.
Grants were awarded to: community influenza/pneumonia vaccination campaign; Let’s Go Heart Healthy at Home nutrition classes; audio headphones for bilingual community education classes; diabetes 6-week community education program; health and wellness fair; Waukesha Family Prescription Assistance; Care Transitions intervention training; simulated learning with SAM II auscultation program; medication bridge for stroke patients; certified lactation counselor scholarships; eliminating ventilator-associated pneumonia in the ICU initiative; women’s dual diagnosis aftercare support group; and cancer survivorship program.
WomenConnected is a women's philanthropic group formed to inspire, educate and encourage women to pool their charitable gifts to improve the health of their community. Members are offered the exciting opportunity to make a remarkable impact by combining their resources to fund emerging health care services at ProHealth Care. Since forming in 2000, WomenConnected has granted $826,891 to support 97 programs and initiatives at ProHealth Care.
For more information about WomenConnected or the ProHealth Care Foundation visit us online at www.ProHealthCare.org/Foundation.
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition