WomenConnected announced it has awarded $75,000 in grants to 14 ProHealth Care programs.
Grants were awarded to: community influenza/pneumonia vaccination campaign; Let’s Go Heart Healthy at Home nutrition classes; audio headphones for bilingual community education classes; diabetes 6-week community education program; health and wellness fair; Waukesha Family Prescription Assistance; Care Transitions intervention training; simulated learning with SAM II auscultation program; medication bridge for stroke patients; certified lactation counselor scholarships; eliminating ventilator-associated pneumonia in the ICU initiative; women’s dual diagnosis aftercare support group; and cancer survivorship program.
WomenConnected is a women's philanthropic group formed to inspire, educate and encourage women to pool their charitable gifts to improve the health of their community. Members are offered the exciting opportunity to make a remarkable impact by combining their resources to fund emerging health care services at ProHealth Care. Since forming in 2000, WomenConnected has granted $826,891 to support 97 programs and initiatives at ProHealth Care.
For more information about WomenConnected or the ProHealth Care Foundation visit us online at www.ProHealthCare.org/Foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Waukesha Xtreme Dance Team Tryouts
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Liberty Dance Center competes at Triple S
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!