TECHNOLOGY HELPS DETECT EARLY STAGES OF HEART DISEASE
ProHealth Care is now offering CT heart screenings that can help detect early stages of heart disease, the leading cause of death for American men and women. Many of those who die from heart disease have no prior symptoms.
CT heart screenings may be right for adults 30 to 45 years of age with two or more heart disease risk factors, or over 45 with at least one heart disease risk factor. Risk factors include a family history of heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, smoking and diabetes.
The fast and painless 30 minute screening includes a CT heart scan that surveys the entire heart, revealing calcium buildup in the coronary arteries. Calcium buildup may indicate a higher risk for heart disease or heart attack. The scans are performed using a specialized low dose radiation technique , which captures hundreds of high-quality images, providing a picture of the heart’s health. Results are reviewed by a radiologist and a cardiac specialist will follow up within two to three business days to discuss risk factors, heart-healthy tips and connect individuals to additional resources, if needed..
CT heart screenings are available at three locations; Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, and the Oconomowoc Physician Center.
Cost of the screening and consultation is $99. Payment is due at the time of the appointment by credit card or check. No physician referral is required for the screening.
To schedule a heart screening, call (262) 928-4624.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Waukesha Monkey Joe's Hosts Food Drive in October
- Ixonia Bank Selects Safe Babies Healthy Families for Casual for a Cause
- The 6th Annual Southeast WI Festival of Books Announces Keynote Speakers
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Oct. 2-3, 64th Fall WADA Antiques Show
- Men Behind the Mission recognizes Waukesha County men empowering girls and women
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?