The women of St Matthias Episcopal Church of Waukesha will be hosting “Home for the Holidays: Sweets and Treats”, this Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00am-1:00pm. A long-standing tradition at St. Matthias, the annual cookie sale has historically been used to support outreach ministries related to families in need and the homeless.
Assorted, delightfully delicious, homemade cookies and bars will be sold by the pound. Also available, you will find candies, snacks, quick breads and jar mixes, perfect for holiday gift giving.
St. Matthias Episcopal Church has a long history of relationship with The Hebron House, in Waukesha. A portion of the proceeds from this sale have been pledged to Hebron House, in order to support their homeless ministries in Waukesha County.
In recent winters, St. Matthias, located on the corner of East Avenue and Main Street in historic downtown Waukesha, was the host site for the Waukesha County Emergency Men’s Homeless Overflow Shelter. While the shelter will not be located in the church this season, the parish welcomes this opportunity for continued support of this and other homeless ministries throughout Waukesha County.
The cookie sale will be held on Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall, located just inside the Pleasant Street entrance. During this special season of home and hearth, please help in reaching out to those who are less fortunate.
For more information call 262-547-4838, or visit our website at www. Stmatthiasonline.org and find us on facebook. St. Matthias Episcopal Church 111 E. Main Street, Waukesha WI.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Unit bring safety education to Wings over Waukesha Saturday, August 23