The women of St Matthias Episcopal Church of Waukesha will be hosting “Home for the Holidays: Sweets and Treats”, this Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00am-1:00pm. A long-standing tradition at St. Matthias, the annual cookie sale has historically been used to support outreach ministries related to families in need and the homeless.
Assorted, delightfully delicious, homemade cookies and bars will be sold by the pound. Also available, you will find candies, snacks, quick breads and jar mixes, perfect for holiday gift giving.
St. Matthias Episcopal Church has a long history of relationship with The Hebron House, in Waukesha. A portion of the proceeds from this sale have been pledged to Hebron House, in order to support their homeless ministries in Waukesha County.
In recent winters, St. Matthias, located on the corner of East Avenue and Main Street in historic downtown Waukesha, was the host site for the Waukesha County Emergency Men’s Homeless Overflow Shelter. While the shelter will not be located in the church this season, the parish welcomes this opportunity for continued support of this and other homeless ministries throughout Waukesha County.
The cookie sale will be held on Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall, located just inside the Pleasant Street entrance. During this special season of home and hearth, please help in reaching out to those who are less fortunate.
For more information call 262-547-4838, or visit our website at www. Stmatthiasonline.org and find us on facebook. St. Matthias Episcopal Church 111 E. Main Street, Waukesha WI.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Independence Day Activities in Waukesha
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- R.A. Smith National Celebrates Culmination of June Nature Challenge
- National "I Forgot Day"
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- Summit Credit Union Welcomes Mortgage Loan Officer to Waukesha Branch
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations