The women of St Matthias Episcopal Church of Waukesha will be hosting “Home for the Holidays: Sweets and Treats”, this Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00am-1:00pm. A long-standing tradition at St. Matthias, the annual cookie sale has historically been used to support outreach ministries related to families in need and the homeless.
Assorted, delightfully delicious, homemade cookies and bars will be sold by the pound. Also available, you will find candies, snacks, quick breads and jar mixes, perfect for holiday gift giving.
St. Matthias Episcopal Church has a long history of relationship with The Hebron House, in Waukesha. A portion of the proceeds from this sale have been pledged to Hebron House, in order to support their homeless ministries in Waukesha County.
In recent winters, St. Matthias, located on the corner of East Avenue and Main Street in historic downtown Waukesha, was the host site for the Waukesha County Emergency Men’s Homeless Overflow Shelter. While the shelter will not be located in the church this season, the parish welcomes this opportunity for continued support of this and other homeless ministries throughout Waukesha County.
The cookie sale will be held on Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall, located just inside the Pleasant Street entrance. During this special season of home and hearth, please help in reaching out to those who are less fortunate.
For more information call 262-547-4838, or visit our website at www. Stmatthiasonline.org and find us on facebook. St. Matthias Episcopal Church 111 E. Main Street, Waukesha WI.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wildeck Honors Community with Sponsorship of Les Paul GuitarTown Project in Waukesha
- Save 40-80% at Olive Promotions Sample Sale
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Free Waukesha Metro Bus Service June 23rd
- Thousands Come Together to Honor Armed Forces and Veterans at Annual Amerifest Event
- Waukesha Choral Union Announces Summer Fundraiser
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Weekly United Way Press Release-Volunteer Opportunities