The women of St Matthias Episcopal Church of Waukesha will be hosting “Home for the Holidays: Sweets and Treats”, this Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00am-1:00pm. A long-standing tradition at St. Matthias, the annual cookie sale has historically been used to support outreach ministries related to families in need and the homeless.
Assorted, delightfully delicious, homemade cookies and bars will be sold by the pound. Also available, you will find candies, snacks, quick breads and jar mixes, perfect for holiday gift giving.
St. Matthias Episcopal Church has a long history of relationship with The Hebron House, in Waukesha. A portion of the proceeds from this sale have been pledged to Hebron House, in order to support their homeless ministries in Waukesha County.
In recent winters, St. Matthias, located on the corner of East Avenue and Main Street in historic downtown Waukesha, was the host site for the Waukesha County Emergency Men’s Homeless Overflow Shelter. While the shelter will not be located in the church this season, the parish welcomes this opportunity for continued support of this and other homeless ministries throughout Waukesha County.
The cookie sale will be held on Saturday, December 15th, from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall, located just inside the Pleasant Street entrance. During this special season of home and hearth, please help in reaching out to those who are less fortunate.
For more information call 262-547-4838, or visit our website at www. Stmatthiasonline.org and find us on facebook. St. Matthias Episcopal Church 111 E. Main Street, Waukesha WI.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Waukesha Area Tennis Players Battle in Doubles Tourney
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Fall Native Plant Sale Pre-Orders due July 31
- Thank you to the community for Funds Raised for Waukesha Parks
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- MCW to expand Tosa Center
- MCW concussion expert wins GE & NFL Head Health Challenge Award