Waukesha resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC Fund) from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $4,000 grant for Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC Fund) on behalf of Waukesha resident Elizabeth Whitcomb, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Whitcomb works as a business consultant senior specialist in the information systems department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“The grant will support MACC Fund's mission to find a cure for childhood cancer and related blood disorders by providing critical funding for research,” said Whitcomb. “As a MACC Fund volunteer, I’ve seen the phenomenal work it does and can't imagine anything better than a world cured of childhood cancer.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Elizabeth have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Wesley A. Benbow named Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer of MCW
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence