Local organization serves as collection site for Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s charity drive
Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch recently joined efforts with the Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) inviting residents to drop off new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s “The Big Bundle Up” campaign. “The Big Bundle Up” is a statewide collection program running from Dec. 3, 2012 – Jan. 4, 2013.
Last year’s first-ever mitten collection program was an enormous success. The state’s tourism industry collected more than 3,100 mittens and winter items to help warm up thousands of needy families throughout the state. To date, more than 75 chambers of commerce, CVBs, visitor centers, the eight Travel Wisconsin Welcome Centers and other business locations around the state have committed to serving as donation sites for this year’s expanded collection.
With the spirit of the holiday season upon us, donating winter items is the perfect way to give back to Wisconsin families in need. A box will be located in Waukesha Pewaukee CVB office, N14 W23755 Stone Ridge Dr. Ste. 225, Waukesha for donors to drop off warm clothing items. Items donated at this location will be given to Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council, The Hope Center and Waukesha County Headstart Program.
(Photo Cut Line) Ruth Page Jones, Executive Director, Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council; County Executive Dan Vrakas; Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch; Todd Garvens, President, Waukesha Pewaukee CVB Board of Directors; Keith Kramar, Waukesha Pewaukee CVB Board Member.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Waukesha family recognizes Donate Life Month
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Wixon’s Female Food Technologists to Lead Workshops for Girls
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Apr. 23