Local organization serves as collection site for Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s charity drive
Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch recently joined efforts with the Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) inviting residents to drop off new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s “The Big Bundle Up” campaign. “The Big Bundle Up” is a statewide collection program running from Dec. 3, 2012 – Jan. 4, 2013.
Last year’s first-ever mitten collection program was an enormous success. The state’s tourism industry collected more than 3,100 mittens and winter items to help warm up thousands of needy families throughout the state. To date, more than 75 chambers of commerce, CVBs, visitor centers, the eight Travel Wisconsin Welcome Centers and other business locations around the state have committed to serving as donation sites for this year’s expanded collection.
With the spirit of the holiday season upon us, donating winter items is the perfect way to give back to Wisconsin families in need. A box will be located in Waukesha Pewaukee CVB office, N14 W23755 Stone Ridge Dr. Ste. 225, Waukesha for donors to drop off warm clothing items. Items donated at this location will be given to Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council, The Hope Center and Waukesha County Headstart Program.
(Photo Cut Line) Ruth Page Jones, Executive Director, Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council; County Executive Dan Vrakas; Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch; Todd Garvens, President, Waukesha Pewaukee CVB Board of Directors; Keith Kramar, Waukesha Pewaukee CVB Board Member.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- UWM and Wisconsin Literacy to Host Workforce Training Conference: Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers
- Walk a Mile in My Shoes... 7th Annual St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor Walk
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis