Funding Will Create New Early Learning Program
The ProHealth Care Foundation announced it recently received a $10,000 grant through the Celebrate Children Foundation to foster early learning environments for at-risk children.
The new program will address the needs of at-risk children, who are registered for 4K, by providing an interdisciplinary team of experts to work with the family and the child. The goal is to create successful learning environments both at home and in school.
“Sometimes difficulties with development or learning aren’t apparent until children enter kindergarten,” said Hanneke Deeken, RN, ProHealth Care community outreach nurse who works with the School District of Waukesha. “The Celebrate Children grant offers us the opportunity to identify such issues at a much earlier age and provide individualized support and resources to parents.”
The program will involve a partnership between ProHealth Care, the School District of Waukesha, the Waukesha County Birth to 3 Program, along with teams of specialists including early intervention educators, nurses, speech and language specialists and other therapists.
The community partners believe that helping families better respond to challenges by focusing on the emotional and physical wellness of young children and their families will ultimately build a healthier community.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction