Funding Will Create New Early Learning Program
The ProHealth Care Foundation announced it recently received a $10,000 grant through the Celebrate Children Foundation to foster early learning environments for at-risk children.
The new program will address the needs of at-risk children, who are registered for 4K, by providing an interdisciplinary team of experts to work with the family and the child. The goal is to create successful learning environments both at home and in school.
“Sometimes difficulties with development or learning aren’t apparent until children enter kindergarten,” said Hanneke Deeken, RN, ProHealth Care community outreach nurse who works with the School District of Waukesha. “The Celebrate Children grant offers us the opportunity to identify such issues at a much earlier age and provide individualized support and resources to parents.”
The program will involve a partnership between ProHealth Care, the School District of Waukesha, the Waukesha County Birth to 3 Program, along with teams of specialists including early intervention educators, nurses, speech and language specialists and other therapists.
The community partners believe that helping families better respond to challenges by focusing on the emotional and physical wellness of young children and their families will ultimately build a healthier community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are Chiropractic X-Rays Safe?
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease