Funding Will Create New Early Learning Program
The ProHealth Care Foundation announced it recently received a $10,000 grant through the Celebrate Children Foundation to foster early learning environments for at-risk children.
The new program will address the needs of at-risk children, who are registered for 4K, by providing an interdisciplinary team of experts to work with the family and the child. The goal is to create successful learning environments both at home and in school.
“Sometimes difficulties with development or learning aren’t apparent until children enter kindergarten,” said Hanneke Deeken, RN, ProHealth Care community outreach nurse who works with the School District of Waukesha. “The Celebrate Children grant offers us the opportunity to identify such issues at a much earlier age and provide individualized support and resources to parents.”
The program will involve a partnership between ProHealth Care, the School District of Waukesha, the Waukesha County Birth to 3 Program, along with teams of specialists including early intervention educators, nurses, speech and language specialists and other therapists.
The community partners believe that helping families better respond to challenges by focusing on the emotional and physical wellness of young children and their families will ultimately build a healthier community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lorna Landvik to discuss and sign new novel Best to Laugh at Books & Company in Oconomowoc
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- New Playground Being Built in Delafield; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- Fox River Invitational