Program Part of February Heart-Health Campaign
Community members are invited to find out if they’re at risk for heart disease at Heart Matters, a ProHealth Care health risk assessment event on Saturday, Feb. 2 in Mukwonago and Oconomowoc.
Prior to attending Heart Matters, participants will take a simple online health survey. At the event, a personal screening will include measurement of height, weight and blood pressure as well as a full lipid panel which screens for HDL, LDL and total cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar. The program will include giveaways, exercise and weight-loss tips, health information, CPR demonstrations, cooking information and an opportunity to talk with ProHealth Care physicians and American Heart Association experts.
“Heart disease is largely preventable through healthy habits such as diet, exercise, and not smoking,” said Steve Kulick, ProHealth Care’s Chief Medical Officer. “Knowing your risk is the first step toward making the change to a healthy lifestyle.”
After the event, participants will receive their own personalized health profile booklet in the mail. The profile will share findings from the screening and provide recommendations for healthy living.
Participants can choose to attend a Heart Matters event at Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital or The D.N. Greenwald Center in Mukwonago. Advance registration is required. Cost of the event is $20. For more information and to register, go to ProHealthCare.org/HeartMatters
February is heart month, and for the fourth year ProHealth Care is partnering with the American Heart Association in the fight against heart disease, the leading cause of death for women and men. The campaign will include a variety of heart-healthy events, including Heart Matters, and classes throughout February.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wildeck Honors Community with Sponsorship of Les Paul GuitarTown Project in Waukesha
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Free Waukesha Metro Bus Service June 23rd
- Thousands Come Together to Honor Armed Forces and Veterans at Annual Amerifest Event
- Waukesha Choral Union Announces Summer Fundraiser
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Weekly United Way Press Release-Volunteer Opportunities
- Student’s award brings resources to high school