Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by Dr. Keith Hampton on Friday, February 1, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King’s Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation’s Great Hall.
The concert will feature selections from Dr. Hampton’s repertoire of spiritual and gospel songs in addition to some classical organ works.
Known affectionately as “Doc,” Dr. Hampton is a conductor, composer, educator, church musician, organ performer, adjudicator and workshop clinician. He is the Director of Music Ministries and Organist/Choirmaster at the Park Manor Christian Church, Chicago. He is a classically trained organist and conductor and has taught students of all age levels. He served as Director of Music at churches of various denominations and is often sought after as a guest conductor and workshop clinician throughout the United States, Germany, Trinidad and Africa.
Dr. Hampton earned a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, New Jersey, a Master of Arts degree from Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, and a Doctor of Music degree in Church Music from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary