Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by Dr. Keith Hampton on Friday, February 1, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King’s Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation’s Great Hall.
The concert will feature selections from Dr. Hampton’s repertoire of spiritual and gospel songs in addition to some classical organ works.
Known affectionately as “Doc,” Dr. Hampton is a conductor, composer, educator, church musician, organ performer, adjudicator and workshop clinician. He is the Director of Music Ministries and Organist/Choirmaster at the Park Manor Christian Church, Chicago. He is a classically trained organist and conductor and has taught students of all age levels. He served as Director of Music at churches of various denominations and is often sought after as a guest conductor and workshop clinician throughout the United States, Germany, Trinidad and Africa.
Dr. Hampton earned a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, New Jersey, a Master of Arts degree from Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, and a Doctor of Music degree in Church Music from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wildeck Honors Community with Sponsorship of Les Paul GuitarTown Project in Waukesha
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Free Waukesha Metro Bus Service June 23rd
- Thousands Come Together to Honor Armed Forces and Veterans at Annual Amerifest Event
- Waukesha Choral Union Announces Summer Fundraiser
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Weekly United Way Press Release-Volunteer Opportunities
- Student’s award brings resources to high school