Due to a scheduling conflict, the concert by Dr. Keith Hampton at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, is being moved from Friday, February 1, at 7:00 p.m. to Friday, Feb. 22, also at 7 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King’s Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation’s Great Hall.
The concert will feature selections from Dr. Hampton’s repertoire of spiritual and gospel songs in addition to some classical organ works.
Known affectionately as “Doc,” Dr. Hampton is a conductor, composer, educator, church musician, organ performer, adjudicator, and workshop clinician. He is the Director of Music Ministries and Organist/Choirmaster at the Park Manor Christian Church, Chicago. He is a classically trained organist and conductor and has taught students of all age levels. He served as Director of Music at churches of various denominations and is often sought after as a guest conductor and workshop clinician throughout the United States, Germany, Trinidad, and Africa. Dr. Hampton earned a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, New Jersey, a Master of Arts degree from Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, and a Doctor of Music degree in Church Music from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local student receives research scholarship from Carroll University
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- United Way Press Release-Volunteer Opportunities
- Liberty Dance Center to participate in Veterans Parade
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 22
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches