Christ the King Church of Delafield Welcomes Wartburg Seminary Dean as Guest Preacher to Sunday Service
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 Genesee Street, Delafield, will welcome Dr. Craig L. Nessan from Wartburg Theological Seminary at the 8:15 and 10 a.m. worship services on Sunday, February 10.
Dr. Nessan, Academic Dean and Professor of Contextual Theology at Wartburg Theological Seminary in Dubuque, Iowa, teaches courses in the areas of contextual theology, pastoral theology, and theological ethics. He also manages the seminary’s internship program. He has served as a parish pastor in Pennsylvania and Missouri. Dr. Nessan holds degrees from Michigan State University, Wartburg Theological Seminary, and the University of Munich. His theological interests include ecclesiology, theological ethics, liberation theology, and family systems theory.
Wartburg Theological Seminary is one of eight theological schools of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Wartburg is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and educates women and men to serve the church’s mission as ordained and lay leaders. Established in Dubuque, Iowa in 1854, Wartburg Seminary is in its 158th academic year.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship services are held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For more information, call the church office at (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- WINTER WARRIORS
- STUDENTS INVITED TO APPLY FOR SUMMIT CREDIT UNION CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on January 28, 2015
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program