Hamilton High School art students earned eight awards in the 2013 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Constance Dowden, Gold Key for comic art;
•Mayya Pechenova, Gold Key for ceramics;
•Cassandra Metzger, Gold Key in photography;
•Taylor Burns, Silver Key for fashion;
•Frances Weiss, Silver Key for glass;
•Courtney Lehmann, Honorable Mention for comic art;
•Lindsey Paquette, Honorable Mention for sculpture; and
•Zackery Smith, Honorable Mention for ceramics.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 2 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 2 - March 17 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction