Hamilton High School art students earned eight awards in the 2013 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Constance Dowden, Gold Key for comic art;
•Mayya Pechenova, Gold Key for ceramics;
•Cassandra Metzger, Gold Key in photography;
•Taylor Burns, Silver Key for fashion;
•Frances Weiss, Silver Key for glass;
•Courtney Lehmann, Honorable Mention for comic art;
•Lindsey Paquette, Honorable Mention for sculpture; and
•Zackery Smith, Honorable Mention for ceramics.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 2 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 2 - March 17 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Disucss: The Role of Antioxidants in Good Health
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Attitude of Gratitude
- MCW, Dr. Doug Evans and Elizabeth Krzywda, win BizTimes 2015 Health Care Hero Awards
- ‘Black Friday’ Vehicle Purchase at Russ Darrow Includes Packer Player Collector Canvas
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- Russ Darrow Group Hosting Donation Drive for The Salvation Army
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection