Hamilton High School art students earned eight awards in the 2013 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Constance Dowden, Gold Key for comic art;
•Mayya Pechenova, Gold Key for ceramics;
•Cassandra Metzger, Gold Key in photography;
•Taylor Burns, Silver Key for fashion;
•Frances Weiss, Silver Key for glass;
•Courtney Lehmann, Honorable Mention for comic art;
•Lindsey Paquette, Honorable Mention for sculpture; and
•Zackery Smith, Honorable Mention for ceramics.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 2 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 2 - March 17 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Liberty Dance Center- Prelude to Season Showcase
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation