Hamilton High School art students earned eight awards in the 2013 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Constance Dowden, Gold Key for comic art;
•Mayya Pechenova, Gold Key for ceramics;
•Cassandra Metzger, Gold Key in photography;
•Taylor Burns, Silver Key for fashion;
•Frances Weiss, Silver Key for glass;
•Courtney Lehmann, Honorable Mention for comic art;
•Lindsey Paquette, Honorable Mention for sculpture; and
•Zackery Smith, Honorable Mention for ceramics.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 2 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 2 - March 17 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at WQYL/ Hunger Task Force Event
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill