A Waukesha South High School graduate – Ian Kraus – is a recipient of a college scholarship from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“Ian has demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: All About Vitamin A
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Spring Bank Names Eddingsaas Controller, Adds Personal Banker
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- ProHealth Care’s Travel Medicine Clinic
- Waterstone Mortgage Names Bob Selingo as Senior Vice President - Secondary Marketing
- HAWS Uses SPARK Grant to Launch New Program
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP named Top Chiropractor for second straight year in “Best of Milwaukee 2013”
- Great Writers at St. Mary Parish School!
- Loving Touch Infant Massage