ProHealth Solutions announced today that two groups of hospital emergency physicians have joined the accountable care organization (ACO).
The two physician groups provide services at ProHealth Care’s two acute-care hospitals. Emergency Medical Associates of Waukesha serves Waukesha Memorial Hospital, and Lake Country Emergency Physicians serves Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital.
The groups include a total of 19 physicians and 17 physician assistants and nurse practitioners. The agreement means they will work with other ProHealth Solutions providers to improve the coordination of care in the community.
“With these two groups of high-quality emergency medicine professionals joining the hospitals and more than 400 physicians in our ACO, we have new opportunities to improve the cost and quality of health care services,” said David Cook, chief administrative officer for ProHealth Solutions.
The emergency physicians will continue to practice as two independent medical groups.
ProHealth Solutions is a clinically integrated network consisting of independent physicians and physicians employed by ProHealth Care. ProHealth Solutions collaborates with payers and employers to develop programs that improve the quality and efficiency of health care services. Formed in 2011, ProHealth Solutions was among the first accountable care organizations in southeastern Wisconsin. It is a joint venture of ProHealth Care and the physicians.
The ACO is a participant in the Medicare Shared Savings Program under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Under the program, the ProHealth Solutions physicians provide high-quality care to Medicare beneficiaries while working to control the cost of care through quality improvement and enhanced care coordination.
More information about ProHealth Solutions is available at prohealthsolutions.net
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility