ProHealth Solutions announced today that two groups of hospital emergency physicians have joined the accountable care organization (ACO).
The two physician groups provide services at ProHealth Care’s two acute-care hospitals. Emergency Medical Associates of Waukesha serves Waukesha Memorial Hospital, and Lake Country Emergency Physicians serves Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital.
The groups include a total of 19 physicians and 17 physician assistants and nurse practitioners. The agreement means they will work with other ProHealth Solutions providers to improve the coordination of care in the community.
“With these two groups of high-quality emergency medicine professionals joining the hospitals and more than 400 physicians in our ACO, we have new opportunities to improve the cost and quality of health care services,” said David Cook, chief administrative officer for ProHealth Solutions.
The emergency physicians will continue to practice as two independent medical groups.
ProHealth Solutions is a clinically integrated network consisting of independent physicians and physicians employed by ProHealth Care. ProHealth Solutions collaborates with payers and employers to develop programs that improve the quality and efficiency of health care services. Formed in 2011, ProHealth Solutions was among the first accountable care organizations in southeastern Wisconsin. It is a joint venture of ProHealth Care and the physicians.
The ACO is a participant in the Medicare Shared Savings Program under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Under the program, the ProHealth Solutions physicians provide high-quality care to Medicare beneficiaries while working to control the cost of care through quality improvement and enhanced care coordination.
More information about ProHealth Solutions is available at prohealthsolutions.net
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wildeck Honors Community with Sponsorship of Les Paul GuitarTown Project in Waukesha
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Free Waukesha Metro Bus Service June 23rd
- Thousands Come Together to Honor Armed Forces and Veterans at Annual Amerifest Event
- Waukesha Choral Union Announces Summer Fundraiser
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Weekly United Way Press Release-Volunteer Opportunities
- Student’s award brings resources to high school