ProHealth Care announced the addition of oncology and hematology physician Laura Raftery, MD, who recently began seeing patients at ProHealth Care Regional Cancer Centers in Oconomowoc and Waukesha. Dr. Raftery treats all types of cancer, with a particular interest in breast and gynecologic cancers.
Dr. Raftery attended medical school and completed her residency and fellowship at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. She is a board-certified physician in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology.
“I was drawn to practice oncology for many reasons, the most important of which is the special relationship that develops between the patient, his or her family and the physician,” said Dr. Raftery. “It is important to listen carefully to the patient and communicate clearly along each step of the journey — a journey many patients find physically and emotionally difficult. I believe each patient’s mind and spirit should be considered along with the physical body. I am committed to helping a patient make choices in keeping with his or her goals and values, and I strive to deliver leading-edge cancer care with compassion.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 3-9, 2014
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Liberty Dance Center sponsors "The Fall Ball"
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8