ProHealth Care announced the addition of oncology and hematology physician Laura Raftery, MD, who recently began seeing patients at ProHealth Care Regional Cancer Centers in Oconomowoc and Waukesha. Dr. Raftery treats all types of cancer, with a particular interest in breast and gynecologic cancers.
Dr. Raftery attended medical school and completed her residency and fellowship at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. She is a board-certified physician in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology.
“I was drawn to practice oncology for many reasons, the most important of which is the special relationship that develops between the patient, his or her family and the physician,” said Dr. Raftery. “It is important to listen carefully to the patient and communicate clearly along each step of the journey — a journey many patients find physically and emotionally difficult. I believe each patient’s mind and spirit should be considered along with the physical body. I am committed to helping a patient make choices in keeping with his or her goals and values, and I strive to deliver leading-edge cancer care with compassion.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Lasting Headache Relief Without Visiting the Medicine Cabinet