ProHealth Care announced the addition of oncology and hematology physician Laura Raftery, MD, who recently began seeing patients at ProHealth Care Regional Cancer Centers in Oconomowoc and Waukesha. Dr. Raftery treats all types of cancer, with a particular interest in breast and gynecologic cancers.
Dr. Raftery attended medical school and completed her residency and fellowship at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. She is a board-certified physician in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology.
“I was drawn to practice oncology for many reasons, the most important of which is the special relationship that develops between the patient, his or her family and the physician,” said Dr. Raftery. “It is important to listen carefully to the patient and communicate clearly along each step of the journey — a journey many patients find physically and emotionally difficult. I believe each patient’s mind and spirit should be considered along with the physical body. I am committed to helping a patient make choices in keeping with his or her goals and values, and I strive to deliver leading-edge cancer care with compassion.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Hope Stiverson
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Catholic Memorial to hold Open Auditions for the Musical Pajama Game!
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event