Registration is open for the 2013 MS Summit, which will be held on Saturday, March 16 at the Country Springs Conference Center. The one-day event brings together individuals and families affected by multiple sclerosis for networking and education in a supportive and social atmosphere. Keynote speakers will be announced soon.
There is no fee to attend, but registration is required. Visit www.wisMS.org or call 262-369-4400 to register.
MS Summit is scheduled as a capstone for MS Awareness Week, March 11-17, a time when people across the nation come together to share, educate and build awareness to create a world free of MS.
The MS Summit will be held at Country Springs Conference Center, 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee. Discounted room rates and waterpark tickets will be available to those who attend MS Summit. (Discount information will be provided upon registering for the event.)
About Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system, interrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS. More than 10,000 children, women and men have been diagnosed in Wisconsin, giving the state what is believed to be one of the higher prevalence rates in the country.
About the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
MS stops people from moving. The National MS Society exists to make sure it doesn’t. The Society addresses the challenges of each person affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, collaborating with MS organizations around the world, and providing programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move forward with their lives. Join the movement by contacting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society-Wisconsin Chapter at wisMS.org or 262-369-4400 (toll-free 800-242-3358).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Liberty Dance Center, LLC has a busy February
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- College Works Painting Internship