Treasures from the Vault
WAUKESHA – February 27th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society is hosting John Schoenknecht whose topic will be Treasures from the Vault. This presentation developed for the Waukesha County Museum shows rare pictures from the photo collection at the museum.
John Schoenknecht is a retired Waukesha Public School art teacher. He is editor of Landmark magazine, a publication of the Waukesha County Historical Society. He wrote two books about Waukesha. “The Great Waukesha Springs Era: 1868 – 1918,” is a popular addition to the saga of Waukesha’s fascinating Springs Era. “From Prairieville to Waukesha” is a compilation of the history columns he wrote for the Waukesha Freeman from 2008 – 2010. He continues to write his popular history column today.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at Citizens Bank of Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, Hwy. 59 and Center Rd.
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Waukesha Monkey Joe's Hosts Food Drive in October
- Ixonia Bank Selects Safe Babies Healthy Families for Casual for a Cause
- The 6th Annual Southeast WI Festival of Books Announces Keynote Speakers
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Oct. 2-3, 64th Fall WADA Antiques Show
- Men Behind the Mission recognizes Waukesha County men empowering girls and women
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?