Treasures from the Vault
WAUKESHA – February 27th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society is hosting John Schoenknecht whose topic will be Treasures from the Vault. This presentation developed for the Waukesha County Museum shows rare pictures from the photo collection at the museum.
John Schoenknecht is a retired Waukesha Public School art teacher. He is editor of Landmark magazine, a publication of the Waukesha County Historical Society. He wrote two books about Waukesha. “The Great Waukesha Springs Era: 1868 – 1918,” is a popular addition to the saga of Waukesha’s fascinating Springs Era. “From Prairieville to Waukesha” is a compilation of the history columns he wrote for the Waukesha Freeman from 2008 – 2010. He continues to write his popular history column today.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at Citizens Bank of Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, Hwy. 59 and Center Rd.
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Waukesha WRAP Artist Exhibit Winners heading to State contest
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Waukesha Area Tennis Players Battle in Doubles Tourney