Treasures from the Vault
WAUKESHA – February 27th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society is hosting John Schoenknecht whose topic will be Treasures from the Vault. This presentation developed for the Waukesha County Museum shows rare pictures from the photo collection at the museum.
John Schoenknecht is a retired Waukesha Public School art teacher. He is editor of Landmark magazine, a publication of the Waukesha County Historical Society. He wrote two books about Waukesha. “The Great Waukesha Springs Era: 1868 – 1918,” is a popular addition to the saga of Waukesha’s fascinating Springs Era. “From Prairieville to Waukesha” is a compilation of the history columns he wrote for the Waukesha Freeman from 2008 – 2010. He continues to write his popular history column today.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at Citizens Bank of Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, Hwy. 59 and Center Rd.
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Waukesha Xtreme Dance Team Tryouts
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Liberty Dance Center competes at Triple S
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!