Treasures from the Vault
WAUKESHA – February 27th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society is hosting John Schoenknecht whose topic will be Treasures from the Vault. This presentation developed for the Waukesha County Museum shows rare pictures from the photo collection at the museum.
John Schoenknecht is a retired Waukesha Public School art teacher. He is editor of Landmark magazine, a publication of the Waukesha County Historical Society. He wrote two books about Waukesha. “The Great Waukesha Springs Era: 1868 – 1918,” is a popular addition to the saga of Waukesha’s fascinating Springs Era. “From Prairieville to Waukesha” is a compilation of the history columns he wrote for the Waukesha Freeman from 2008 – 2010. He continues to write his popular history column today.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at Citizens Bank of Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, Hwy. 59 and Center Rd.
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
- Waukesha Named Vietnam War Commemoration Partner
- Civic Senior Players Come to Delafield Public Library
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST