Treasures from the Vault
WAUKESHA – February 27th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society is hosting John Schoenknecht whose topic will be Treasures from the Vault. This presentation developed for the Waukesha County Museum shows rare pictures from the photo collection at the museum.
John Schoenknecht is a retired Waukesha Public School art teacher. He is editor of Landmark magazine, a publication of the Waukesha County Historical Society. He wrote two books about Waukesha. “The Great Waukesha Springs Era: 1868 – 1918,” is a popular addition to the saga of Waukesha’s fascinating Springs Era. “From Prairieville to Waukesha” is a compilation of the history columns he wrote for the Waukesha Freeman from 2008 – 2010. He continues to write his popular history column today.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at Citizens Bank of Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, Hwy. 59 and Center Rd.
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- UWM and Wisconsin Literacy to Host Workforce Training Conference: Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers
- Walk a Mile in My Shoes... 7th Annual St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor Walk
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis