It’s tax time and did you know that 60 percent of taxpayers use professional tax preparers when filing? Still, many people miss this opportunity because they simply can’t afford to pay a professional. Well, help is here for low-to-moderate income families.
Ways to Work WOW (Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington Counties) and La Casa de Esperanza have partnered to serve the community with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and tools to help clients attain and sustain financial self-sufficiency. VITA Professionals are onsite now through April 15th at La Casa, 410 Arcadian Avenue, to provide FREE federal and state income tax return preparation and filing along with a free credit report.
Representatives from Ways to Work WOW will offer resources to help filers use their tax refunds wisely with, for example, an option to establish (or re-establish) credit through an educational process that leads to an affordable, character-based loan for a reliable used vehicle.
The VITA program is made possible through the support of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and the Internal Revenue Service.
To schedule a VITA appointment with La Casa, please call (262) 832-1534. (Walk-Ins are welcome.)
To learn more about the Ways to Work WOW program, please contact 1.855.WtW.LOAN or www.wtwloan.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stay In the Loop at the Library
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- Waukesha Lacrosse Club - Register NOW for Spring 2016 Season
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Seven Tips to Stay Safe on Winter Roads