It’s tax time and did you know that 60 percent of taxpayers use professional tax preparers when filing? Still, many people miss this opportunity because they simply can’t afford to pay a professional. Well, help is here for low-to-moderate income families.
Ways to Work WOW (Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington Counties) and La Casa de Esperanza have partnered to serve the community with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and tools to help clients attain and sustain financial self-sufficiency. VITA Professionals are onsite now through April 15th at La Casa, 410 Arcadian Avenue, to provide FREE federal and state income tax return preparation and filing along with a free credit report.
Representatives from Ways to Work WOW will offer resources to help filers use their tax refunds wisely with, for example, an option to establish (or re-establish) credit through an educational process that leads to an affordable, character-based loan for a reliable used vehicle.
The VITA program is made possible through the support of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and the Internal Revenue Service.
To schedule a VITA appointment with La Casa, please call (262) 832-1534. (Walk-Ins are welcome.)
To learn more about the Ways to Work WOW program, please contact 1.855.WtW.LOAN or www.wtwloan.org.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Liberty Dance Center to Perform at Berkshires on Kensignton
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair