The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is offering a special course on boater safety at the Pewaukee Yacht Club and the North Prairie Village Hall. The course is designed for both experienced and novice boaters to learn about boater safety rules and practices. The topics presented will include handling boating emergencies, knowing one’s boat, getting underway, navigating waterways, operating one’s boat safely, and boating legal requirements.
Persons born on or after January 1, 1989, are required to complete a boating safety course to operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft (PWC) legally on Wisconsin waters. Upon successful completion of the course, a Wisconsin DNR boating safety certificate will be issued.
The classes will be held on six consecutive Mondays and Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30 p.m., March 8 to May 22. Classes will be held on Mondays at the North Prairie Village Hall, 130 N. Harrison Street, and Wednesdays at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, N22W28204 Edgewater Drive, Pewaukee.
The registration fee is $40. Family discounts are available. Persons wanting to take the course are asked to contact Paul Neumiller, 262 392-8117, to register or for additional information.
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is the volunteer branch of the U.S. Coast Guard supporting its missions, including recreational boating safety. The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and security of the United States of America.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- Mezzanine Manufacturer Steele Solutions Announces Leadership Changes to Accommodate Continued Growth
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs