The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is offering a special course on boater safety at the Pewaukee Yacht Club and the North Prairie Village Hall. The course is designed for both experienced and novice boaters to learn about boater safety rules and practices. The topics presented will include handling boating emergencies, knowing one’s boat, getting underway, navigating waterways, operating one’s boat safely, and boating legal requirements.
Persons born on or after January 1, 1989, are required to complete a boating safety course to operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft (PWC) legally on Wisconsin waters. Upon successful completion of the course, a Wisconsin DNR boating safety certificate will be issued.
The classes will be held on six consecutive Mondays and Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30 p.m., March 8 to May 22. Classes will be held on Mondays at the North Prairie Village Hall, 130 N. Harrison Street, and Wednesdays at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, N22W28204 Edgewater Drive, Pewaukee.
The registration fee is $40. Family discounts are available. Persons wanting to take the course are asked to contact Paul Neumiller, 262 392-8117, to register or for additional information.
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is the volunteer branch of the U.S. Coast Guard supporting its missions, including recreational boating safety. The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and security of the United States of America.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction