The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is offering a special course on boater safety at the Pewaukee Yacht Club and the North Prairie Village Hall. The course is designed for both experienced and novice boaters to learn about boater safety rules and practices. The topics presented will include handling boating emergencies, knowing one’s boat, getting underway, navigating waterways, operating one’s boat safely, and boating legal requirements.
Persons born on or after January 1, 1989, are required to complete a boating safety course to operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft (PWC) legally on Wisconsin waters. Upon successful completion of the course, a Wisconsin DNR boating safety certificate will be issued.
The classes will be held on six consecutive Mondays and Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30 p.m., March 8 to May 22. Classes will be held on Mondays at the North Prairie Village Hall, 130 N. Harrison Street, and Wednesdays at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, N22W28204 Edgewater Drive, Pewaukee.
The registration fee is $40. Family discounts are available. Persons wanting to take the course are asked to contact Paul Neumiller, 262 392-8117, to register or for additional information.
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is the volunteer branch of the U.S. Coast Guard supporting its missions, including recreational boating safety. The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and security of the United States of America.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- Waukesha Lacrosse Club - Register NOW for Spring 2016 Season
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Liberty Dance Center- Prelude to Season Showcase