The Waukesha County Park System has over 25 miles of groomed and tracked cross-country ski trails, sledding hills, as well as snowshoeing and winter hiking trails. They are the perfect winter family activities.
Cross-country ski trails are located within Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Townline Road in Menomonee Falls; Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive in Waukesha; and Nashotah Park, W330 N5113 County Highway C in Nashotah. Current conditions are updated Tuesday and Friday by 5:00 p.m. and listed on the website, www.waukeshacountyparks.com.
Snowshoeing opportunities are available throughout the Waukesha County Park System. Fox River Park, W264 S4500 River Road in Waukesha; Muskego Park, S83 W20370 Janesville Road, in Muskego; and Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, all have trails that are packed for winter hiking or snowshoeing. Snowshoe rentals are available at Retzer Nature Center for $5.50 a half day and $9.00 for a full day. The smallest size snowshoe is for 45 pounds and we recommend use by those 5 years old and above. Please contact Retzer at 262-896-8007 if you have specific questions or for more information.
Sledding hills are located at Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Nashotah Park, and Mukwonago Park W325S9945 Beulah Road, in Mukwonago.
For snowmobile trail conditions, call the Waukesha County Snowmobile Association's Hotline at (414) 299-0330. For information about snowmobile clubs in the Waukesha area, see the Waukesha County Snowmobile Association's website at www.waukeshasnow.org.
All Waukesha County Parks are open from sunrise to 10:00 pm and a daily park entrance fee or annual sticker is required for all vehicles. The entrance fee is $4.00 everyday or Annual stickers are available for $28.00 for Waukesha County Residents, senior residents for $14.00, and non-resident annual stickers are available for $38.00.
If you prefer to head inside, ice skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Road in Delafield and Eble Park Ice Arena 19400 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield is a great option. Admission is $6.00 for adults and $4.50 for juniors, with $2.50 skate rental. With public skating hours everyday, and extended hours during school breaks, there’s no need to worry about getting some winter exercise. So, get out and get active!
Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com or call the Park Office 24-hour automated hotline at (262) 548-7800.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction