The Waukesha County Park System has over 25 miles of groomed and tracked cross-country ski trails, sledding hills, as well as snowshoeing and winter hiking trails. They are the perfect winter family activities.
Cross-country ski trails are located within Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Townline Road in Menomonee Falls; Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive in Waukesha; and Nashotah Park, W330 N5113 County Highway C in Nashotah. Current conditions are updated Tuesday and Friday by 5:00 p.m. and listed on the website, www.waukeshacountyparks.com.
Snowshoeing opportunities are available throughout the Waukesha County Park System. Fox River Park, W264 S4500 River Road in Waukesha; Muskego Park, S83 W20370 Janesville Road, in Muskego; and Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, all have trails that are packed for winter hiking or snowshoeing. Snowshoe rentals are available at Retzer Nature Center for $5.50 a half day and $9.00 for a full day. The smallest size snowshoe is for 45 pounds and we recommend use by those 5 years old and above. Please contact Retzer at 262-896-8007 if you have specific questions or for more information.
Sledding hills are located at Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Nashotah Park, and Mukwonago Park W325S9945 Beulah Road, in Mukwonago.
For snowmobile trail conditions, call the Waukesha County Snowmobile Association's Hotline at (414) 299-0330. For information about snowmobile clubs in the Waukesha area, see the Waukesha County Snowmobile Association's website at www.waukeshasnow.org.
All Waukesha County Parks are open from sunrise to 10:00 pm and a daily park entrance fee or annual sticker is required for all vehicles. The entrance fee is $4.00 everyday or Annual stickers are available for $28.00 for Waukesha County Residents, senior residents for $14.00, and non-resident annual stickers are available for $38.00.
If you prefer to head inside, ice skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Road in Delafield and Eble Park Ice Arena 19400 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield is a great option. Admission is $6.00 for adults and $4.50 for juniors, with $2.50 skate rental. With public skating hours everyday, and extended hours during school breaks, there’s no need to worry about getting some winter exercise. So, get out and get active!
Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com or call the Park Office 24-hour automated hotline at (262) 548-7800.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Lasting Headache Relief Without Visiting the Medicine Cabinet