Hamilton High School music students participated March 16 in the District Solo and Ensemble Music Festival held at Nicolet High School. Students entered as individual soloists, part of an ensemble or both. A Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) judge rated them on a I-V system with I as the highest. Students who performed music from Class A were eligible to receive a *I rating denoting that they will advance to the state music festival April 27 at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The following band students earned the right to compete at the state festival:
•Shannan Brown and Elizabeth Casper, flute solo;
•Beatrice Kuenn, oboe solo;
•Miranda Brown, Emma Chung, Lauren LaFond and Kate Meagher, clarinet solo;
•Samuel Welter, baritone sax solo;
•Samuel Leinon, marching quints solo;
•Miranda Brown, piano solo;
•Elizabeth Casper and Hannah Bjorklund, flute duet;
•Miranda Brown and Emma Chung, clarinet duet;
•Shannan Brown and Miranda Brown, flute-clarinet duet;
•Miranda Brown, Emma Chung, Kate Meagher and Carissa Dowden, clarinet quartet;
•Michelle Bader and another student, saxophone duet;
•Bailee Bobert, Brandon Joel, Aaron Hintz, Megan Hessler and Samuel Welter, saxophone quintet;
•Michael Scott and Matthew Ciolkosz, baritone duet;
•Michael Scott and Jackson Petermann, trombone duet;
•Samuel Leinon and Nicholas Fricano, marching snare duet;
•Samantha Gusho and Emily Thoummavong, marimba duet;
•Miranda Brown, Emma Chung, Kate Meagher, Lauren LaFond, Lauren Spankowski, Kelly Verhaalen, Angela LeDonne, Ritika Rajappa, Anne Perrizo, Conner Ladwig, Kaley Georgenson, Olivia Wick and Carissa Dowden, clarinet choir; and
•Harrison Yu, Bailee Bobert, Jake Myatt, Brandon Joel, Michelle Bader, Chong Zhang, Melanie Hall, Amanda Joel, Paige Lovelien, Samantha Doperalski. Joshua Belli, Andrew Coe, Devin Sartler, Aaron Hintz, Bailey Sapa, Jacob Merkel and Samuel Welter, saxophone choir.
The following choir students earned the right to compete at the state festival:
•Lindsey Paquette, vocal solo;
•Emily Cox and Mary Jo Ludin, vocal duet; and
•Emily Cox, Mary Jo Ludin, Bari Geers, Alexandra Fischer, Rebekah Mareno, Erin Pagenkopf, Bethany Wandsnider, Nicole Thom, Joseph Rosewicz, Ernest Gray, Daniel Joll, Alexander Ludin, Jacob Menzel, Helen Fredstam, Amanda Rae Pintor, Jessica Hutchison, Aubrey Sears, Rebekah Oleson, Erin McKee, Hailey VanMullem and Brittany Larson, vocal jazz ensemble.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- Ninth Annual Religious and Independent School Leadership Conference
- Liberty Dance Center, LLC has a busy February
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients