Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, has added Art Jaehnke as the church’s new handbell and vocal choir director. Jaehnke has an extensive background in music, having taught at Greendale High School for 31 years and leading the music program at Greendale Community Church for 29 years.
Jaehnke indicated that he looks forward to working with the current and possible new participants in the handbell choir. He said that the first rehearsal for it will be Wed., Sept. 4, from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m., followed by the sanctuary vocal choir rehearsal from 7-8:30 p.m. Both groups will then perform at the Sunday, Sept. 15, church service at 9 a.m., he added.
Persons wanting to join the handbell and/or vocal choirs may call Art Jaehnke at the church office at 262-646-2343 or email him at ajaehnke@ctkdelafield.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Saturday summer services are held at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 9 a.m. The fall weekend worship schedule of only the 9 a.m. service on Sundays will begin on September 8.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa