Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield, at 1600 S. Genesee St., will commemorate the 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks with its “God Bless America” Rally Day 2013, on Sunday, September 8.
The event will begin with a 9 a.m. worship service and the presentation of the colors by Boy Scout Troop 20’s Color Guard. The Silver Rifles, bagpipes, and drums from St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy will add to the patriotic festivities, with the general public invited. Children will receive small American flags to wave during the processional performance of the Star Spangled Banner. Attendees are encouraged to wear red, white, and blue.
The annual event will feature games and activities for people of all ages. Guests will be invited to write letters to congregation members serving in the military. Lunch will be served, with participants asked to bring a dessert or salad to share. Home-baked and canned goods can be purchased, with proceeds supporting care packages sent to the congregation’s military members.
Rally Sunday will also give participants the opportunity to learn about the congregation’s programs. Representatives from Christ the King’s many groups will be available to greet visitors and explain about their organization’s programming. A disc jockey will entertain during lunch, with door prizes given out and booths to visit. Registration will also be accepted for Sunday school and confirmation classes.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Saturday Summer services are held at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 9 a.m. The fall weekend worship schedule of only the 9 a.m. service on Sundays will begin on September 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Writers at St. Mary Parish School!
- Loving Touch Infant Massage
- Waukesha County Taxpayer’s Endorse
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, December 14, 2013
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Surgery or Chiropractic for Chronic Sciatica Sufferers?
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers