The first annual Sporting Clays for a Cure will be held on September 27 at Wern Valley Sportsman’s Club in Waukesha.
The event will kick-off the 2013 hunting season. Sportsmen have the opportunity to try their skills at thirteen sporting clay stands beginning at 11:30 a.m. The day also includes a catered BBQ lunch, raffles and door prizes including Green Bay Packer tickets, autographed Aaron Rodger’s memorabilia and a pheasant hunt at Wern Valley.
Individual and Team Participation is welcome. The individual entry fee is $45 and the team entry fee for 5 shooters is $200. Registration forms can be found on the MACC Fund website. The registration deadline is September 19th. Contact the MACC Fund for more information.
The MACC Fund raises money into the effective treatment and cure of pediatric cancers and blood disorders. Collaborative research efforts are responsible for significant improvements, treatments, and increased cure rates of childhood cancers. The overall cure rate for childhood cancers has increased from 20% to 80% during the past twenty years with some as high as 90% with previously deadly cancers. Research is conducted at both the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa and also at the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center in Madison.
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE