The first annual Sporting Clays for a Cure will be held on September 27 at Wern Valley Sportsman’s Club in Waukesha.
The event will kick-off the 2013 hunting season. Sportsmen have the opportunity to try their skills at thirteen sporting clay stands beginning at 11:30 a.m. The day also includes a catered BBQ lunch, raffles and door prizes including Green Bay Packer tickets, autographed Aaron Rodger’s memorabilia and a pheasant hunt at Wern Valley.
Individual and Team Participation is welcome. The individual entry fee is $45 and the team entry fee for 5 shooters is $200. Registration forms can be found on the MACC Fund website. The registration deadline is September 19th. Contact the MACC Fund for more information.
The MACC Fund raises money into the effective treatment and cure of pediatric cancers and blood disorders. Collaborative research efforts are responsible for significant improvements, treatments, and increased cure rates of childhood cancers. The overall cure rate for childhood cancers has increased from 20% to 80% during the past twenty years with some as high as 90% with previously deadly cancers. Research is conducted at both the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa and also at the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- St. James Parish Festival to Be Held in Mukwonago Aug. 14-16
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities