Consider Walking A Mile In Someone Else's Shoes
You're help is needed to help the needy. The 6th Annual Friends of the Poor Walk will soon be upon us Sat., Sept. 28th, and we're again inviting you to join us for a two mile roll or stroll around the St. William Parish neighborhood. Last year a hundred walkers enjoyed a beautiful early fall hike while helping less fortunate through the funds raised for the St. Vincent de Paul conference of their choice. As always, all donations received assist local poor.
The St. William Conference of St. Vincent hosts Waukesha County's only Friends of the Poor Walk, with added benefit this year of being held on the last day of the big semi-annual St. William's Rummage Sale. Saturday being the day of biggest discounts, you can now stop and shop the rummage at 8:00 a.m., register for the walk at 10:00 (no fee to register), join us for a brief Catholic mass if interested at 10:30, walk at 11:00 and enjoy a bounty of refreshments provided and served by Catholic Financial Life Branches 40 and 272 around noon. It'll be the perfect day made even better if you'll join us.
St. William's Catholic Church is at 440 N Moreland Blvd., Waukesha. Additional inquiries can be directed to Ruth or PJ at 262-542-5125.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa