Family Search website – what’s new
October 23rd Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host Earl Capps who will speak about the Family Search website – what’s new. He will cover topics ranging from 1) why should I use FamilySearch.org, 2) how to get free live assistance, and
3) entering/editing your Family Tree.
Earl began doing genealogy research in 1969 with a LOT of help from his grandmother. He was the director of the Family Search Libraries for 2 1/2 years and has been a volunteer for 14 years. Earl has been a teacher at High School, Vocational School and University levels and even taught K through 12 in Summer School. He worked for the Department of Energy for 10 years – all in Computer Science.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Waukesha Xtreme Dance Team Tryouts
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Liberty Dance Center competes at Triple S
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!