Family Search website – what’s new
October 23rd Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host Earl Capps who will speak about the Family Search website – what’s new. He will cover topics ranging from 1) why should I use FamilySearch.org, 2) how to get free live assistance, and
3) entering/editing your Family Tree.
Earl began doing genealogy research in 1969 with a LOT of help from his grandmother. He was the director of the Family Search Libraries for 2 1/2 years and has been a volunteer for 14 years. Earl has been a teacher at High School, Vocational School and University levels and even taught K through 12 in Summer School. He worked for the Department of Energy for 10 years – all in Computer Science.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities