Family Search website – what’s new
October 23rd Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host Earl Capps who will speak about the Family Search website – what’s new. He will cover topics ranging from 1) why should I use FamilySearch.org, 2) how to get free live assistance, and
3) entering/editing your Family Tree.
Earl began doing genealogy research in 1969 with a LOT of help from his grandmother. He was the director of the Family Search Libraries for 2 1/2 years and has been a volunteer for 14 years. Earl has been a teacher at High School, Vocational School and University levels and even taught K through 12 in Summer School. He worked for the Department of Energy for 10 years – all in Computer Science.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- WINTER WARRIORS
- STUDENTS INVITED TO APPLY FOR SUMMIT CREDIT UNION CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on January 28, 2015
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program