Dr. Kerry Kretchmar, assistant professor of education at Carroll University, was invited to speak at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, for a discussion about Teach for America (TFA) and its impact on schools of education, school districts, teachers and students.
In 2013, TFA placed 11,000 recent college graduates in poor performance school districts to teach for two years. “A Critical Analysis of Teach for America’s Impact on PK-21 Education” is an overview of research surrounding TFA, its role in corporate reform of education at all levels, and the dimensions of resistance to TFA now emerging.
Kretchmar will co-present with Beth Sondel, an assistant professor at North Carolina State University. Both are doctoral graduates of UW-Madison’s Department of Curriculum and Instruction. This event is presented by the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Waukesha family recognizes Donate Life Month
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Wixon’s Female Food Technologists to Lead Workshops for Girls
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Apr. 23