Dr. Kerry Kretchmar, assistant professor of education at Carroll University, was invited to speak at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, for a discussion about Teach for America (TFA) and its impact on schools of education, school districts, teachers and students.
In 2013, TFA placed 11,000 recent college graduates in poor performance school districts to teach for two years. “A Critical Analysis of Teach for America’s Impact on PK-21 Education” is an overview of research surrounding TFA, its role in corporate reform of education at all levels, and the dimensions of resistance to TFA now emerging.
Kretchmar will co-present with Beth Sondel, an assistant professor at North Carolina State University. Both are doctoral graduates of UW-Madison’s Department of Curriculum and Instruction. This event is presented by the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Discover the Flora of Menomonee Park May 13
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Woodland Flora Walk at Menomonee Park
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp