Nine Hamilton High School band students were selected to participate in the 2013 University of Wisconsin (UW) – Milwaukee Honors Band Festival. They are:
• Jonah Brown;
• Emma Chung;
• Kevin Jansen;
• Erin Magoon;
• Kate Meagher;
• Jackson Petermann;
• Devin Sartler
• Michael Scott; and
• Chloe Simchick.
Southeastern Wisconsin high school band directors nominated 700 musically talented students, and UW-Milwaukee Music Department staff members selected only 150 to participate. Five of the nine Hamilton students were selected for the top band of the festival.
The festival was held Nov. 22-24 and provided students with the opportunity to work with internationally recognized composer and conductor Mark Camphouse, nationally recognized university conductors and the region’s top high school musicians.
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition