Nine Hamilton High School band students were selected to participate in the 2013 University of Wisconsin (UW) – Milwaukee Honors Band Festival. They are:
• Jonah Brown;
• Emma Chung;
• Kevin Jansen;
• Erin Magoon;
• Kate Meagher;
• Jackson Petermann;
• Devin Sartler
• Michael Scott; and
• Chloe Simchick.
Southeastern Wisconsin high school band directors nominated 700 musically talented students, and UW-Milwaukee Music Department staff members selected only 150 to participate. Five of the nine Hamilton students were selected for the top band of the festival.
The festival was held Nov. 22-24 and provided students with the opportunity to work with internationally recognized composer and conductor Mark Camphouse, nationally recognized university conductors and the region’s top high school musicians.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 3-9, 2014
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Liberty Dance Center sponsors "The Fall Ball"
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8