Nine Hamilton High School band students were selected to participate in the 2013 University of Wisconsin (UW) – Milwaukee Honors Band Festival. They are:
• Jonah Brown;
• Emma Chung;
• Kevin Jansen;
• Erin Magoon;
• Kate Meagher;
• Jackson Petermann;
• Devin Sartler
• Michael Scott; and
• Chloe Simchick.
Southeastern Wisconsin high school band directors nominated 700 musically talented students, and UW-Milwaukee Music Department staff members selected only 150 to participate. Five of the nine Hamilton students were selected for the top band of the festival.
The festival was held Nov. 22-24 and provided students with the opportunity to work with internationally recognized composer and conductor Mark Camphouse, nationally recognized university conductors and the region’s top high school musicians.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW scientist to study novel regulatory mechanisms for a gene involved in vascular anomalies
- Call to artists for Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award contest
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- St. James Parish Festival to Be Held in Mukwonago Aug. 14-16
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business