Nine Hamilton High School band students were selected to participate in the 2013 University of Wisconsin (UW) – Milwaukee Honors Band Festival. They are:
• Jonah Brown;
• Emma Chung;
• Kevin Jansen;
• Erin Magoon;
• Kate Meagher;
• Jackson Petermann;
• Devin Sartler
• Michael Scott; and
• Chloe Simchick.
Southeastern Wisconsin high school band directors nominated 700 musically talented students, and UW-Milwaukee Music Department staff members selected only 150 to participate. Five of the nine Hamilton students were selected for the top band of the festival.
The festival was held Nov. 22-24 and provided students with the opportunity to work with internationally recognized composer and conductor Mark Camphouse, nationally recognized university conductors and the region’s top high school musicians.
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary