Those who are planning a trip abroad should take the necessary health protections by scheduling a consultation with ProHealth Care’s travel medicine expert. An astonishing 50 to 75 percent of international travelers experience some type of illness while out of the country.
Whether travelling for pleasure or business, studying abroad or doing mission work, ProHealth Care’s International Travel Medicine Clinic helps travelers plan and prepare for potential health concerns while they are away.
Jean Bagin, NP, leads the clinic and is one of the few providers in Wisconsin who has earned a Certificate in Travel Health™ from the International Society of Travel Medicine. The clinic’s comprehensive consultation includes a health, medication and immunization history review, a detailed travel itinerary review focused on vaccine-preventable diseases, recommended and required vaccines, and appropriate prescriptions for travel-related illnesses. Those who should consider travel medicine services include international travelers, cruise travelers, students, travelers with disabilities or known health concerns, school groups, Peace Corps members, disaster relief volunteers and missionaries.
Consultation appointments should be made at least four weeks before a trip to allow time for immunizations, if needed. To make an appointment, call 262-574-8000. To see a video about how ProHealth Care’s travel medicine clinic helped a client prepare for a diving trip in the Solomon Islands go to http://www.prohealthcare.org/international-travel-medicine-clinic.aspx.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Waukesha Xtreme Dance Team Tryouts
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Liberty Dance Center competes at Triple S
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!