Those who are planning a trip abroad should take the necessary health protections by scheduling a consultation with ProHealth Care’s travel medicine expert. An astonishing 50 to 75 percent of international travelers experience some type of illness while out of the country.
Whether travelling for pleasure or business, studying abroad or doing mission work, ProHealth Care’s International Travel Medicine Clinic helps travelers plan and prepare for potential health concerns while they are away.
Jean Bagin, NP, leads the clinic and is one of the few providers in Wisconsin who has earned a Certificate in Travel Health™ from the International Society of Travel Medicine. The clinic’s comprehensive consultation includes a health, medication and immunization history review, a detailed travel itinerary review focused on vaccine-preventable diseases, recommended and required vaccines, and appropriate prescriptions for travel-related illnesses. Those who should consider travel medicine services include international travelers, cruise travelers, students, travelers with disabilities or known health concerns, school groups, Peace Corps members, disaster relief volunteers and missionaries.
Consultation appointments should be made at least four weeks before a trip to allow time for immunizations, if needed. To make an appointment, call 262-574-8000. To see a video about how ProHealth Care’s travel medicine clinic helped a client prepare for a diving trip in the Solomon Islands go to http://www.prohealthcare.org/international-travel-medicine-clinic.aspx.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Waukesha family recognizes Donate Life Month
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Wixon’s Female Food Technologists to Lead Workshops for Girls
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Apr. 23