The Hamilton National Honor Society (NHS) donated more than 200 items to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin to be used in care totes provided to children undergoing chemotherapy. Items collected include toys, books, slippers and blankets. Students also created colorful cards with expressions of support and encouragement to accompany the donation.
NHS coordinated the drive with Tricia’s Troops, a non-profit cancer support organization. Candice Dietrich, founder of Tricia’s Troops, was grateful to Hamilton NHS members for their generous donations.
“I continue to be in awe of the amount of items your group generated,” Dietrich wrote to Hamilton’s NHS advisors. “I am beyond grateful and so impressed by the work of your National Honor Society students.”
For more information on Tricia’s Troops visit www.triciastroops.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Wesley A. Benbow named Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer of MCW
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence