The Hamilton National Honor Society (NHS) donated more than 200 items to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin to be used in care totes provided to children undergoing chemotherapy. Items collected include toys, books, slippers and blankets. Students also created colorful cards with expressions of support and encouragement to accompany the donation.
NHS coordinated the drive with Tricia’s Troops, a non-profit cancer support organization. Candice Dietrich, founder of Tricia’s Troops, was grateful to Hamilton NHS members for their generous donations.
“I continue to be in awe of the amount of items your group generated,” Dietrich wrote to Hamilton’s NHS advisors. “I am beyond grateful and so impressed by the work of your National Honor Society students.”
For more information on Tricia’s Troops visit www.triciastroops.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha WRAP Artist Exhibit Winners heading to State contest
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Waukesha Area Tennis Players Battle in Doubles Tourney
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Fall Native Plant Sale Pre-Orders due July 31