The Hamilton National Honor Society (NHS) donated more than 200 items to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin to be used in care totes provided to children undergoing chemotherapy. Items collected include toys, books, slippers and blankets. Students also created colorful cards with expressions of support and encouragement to accompany the donation.
NHS coordinated the drive with Tricia’s Troops, a non-profit cancer support organization. Candice Dietrich, founder of Tricia’s Troops, was grateful to Hamilton NHS members for their generous donations.
“I continue to be in awe of the amount of items your group generated,” Dietrich wrote to Hamilton’s NHS advisors. “I am beyond grateful and so impressed by the work of your National Honor Society students.”
For more information on Tricia’s Troops visit www.triciastroops.org.
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Waukesha South Class of 1986 30-Year Reunion
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Liberty Dance Center holds annual Spring Recital
- Mosquito Prevention a Must for Homeowners this Season