Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, will hold a community-wide blood drive in conjunction with the Blood Center of Wisconsin on Wednesday, January 15, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. in its Great Hall.
Donors need to weigh at least 110 pounds, be free of flu and cold and allergy symptoms, show a photo ID with birth date on it, and be at least 17 years old, though 16-year-olds may donate with parental consent. The entire donating process takes about an hour, and all blood types are needed. More information on donating criteria is available online at bcw.edu.
To schedule a donating appointment, call Jeri Bonadurer of the Blood Center of Wisconsin at 262-893-8666 or visit www.bcw.edu/DelafieldCommunity. Bonadurer encouraged everyone who is healthy and able is to come to donate. “Blood donations save lives for those in the community requiring blood for surgeries, cancer treatments, and medical emergencies,” she said. “Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to help maintain the necessary supply.” She added that blood from this drive will go to the local area hospitals as well as other Wisconsin hospitals in desperate need.
The Blood Center of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to 57 hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties, including all community hospitals in southeastern Wisconsin.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Worship services are held at 9 a.m. every Sunday.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Liberty Dance Center to Perform at Berkshires on Kensignton
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair