Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, will hold a community-wide blood drive in conjunction with the Blood Center of Wisconsin on Wednesday, January 15, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. in its Great Hall.
Donors need to weigh at least 110 pounds, be free of flu and cold and allergy symptoms, show a photo ID with birth date on it, and be at least 17 years old, though 16-year-olds may donate with parental consent. The entire donating process takes about an hour, and all blood types are needed. More information on donating criteria is available online at bcw.edu.
To schedule a donating appointment, call Jeri Bonadurer of the Blood Center of Wisconsin at 262-893-8666 or visit www.bcw.edu/DelafieldCommunity. Bonadurer encouraged everyone who is healthy and able is to come to donate. “Blood donations save lives for those in the community requiring blood for surgeries, cancer treatments, and medical emergencies,” she said. “Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to help maintain the necessary supply.” She added that blood from this drive will go to the local area hospitals as well as other Wisconsin hospitals in desperate need.
The Blood Center of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to 57 hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties, including all community hospitals in southeastern Wisconsin.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Worship services are held at 9 a.m. every Sunday.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW scientist to study novel regulatory mechanisms for a gene involved in vascular anomalies
- Call to artists for Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award contest
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- St. James Parish Festival to Be Held in Mukwonago Aug. 14-16
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business