Why a Civil War Museum in Kenosha, Wisconsin?
WAUKESHA – On January 22nd the Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host an evening with Brett Lobello from the Civil War Museum in Kenosha. Come and learn about the origins of the Civil War Museum starting in the Civil War Era and moving all the way into the early 21st century. The Museum's signature exhibit, The Fiery Trial, and the public Resource Center will also be highlighted.
Brett Lobello is the Curator of Education at the Civil War Museum, a part of the Kenosha Public Museums located in Wisconsin. He double majored in Psychology and History at Carroll College and earned a masters in History and a Museum Studies Certificate from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Brett is a Wisconsin Federation of Museums Board Member and a member of the American Association for State and Local History and the American Alliance of Museum’s professional Education Committee. He recently completed the Developing History Leaders program at the Seminar for Historical Administration.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Unit bring safety education to Wings over Waukesha Saturday, August 23