Why a Civil War Museum in Kenosha, Wisconsin?
WAUKESHA – On January 22nd the Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host an evening with Brett Lobello from the Civil War Museum in Kenosha. Come and learn about the origins of the Civil War Museum starting in the Civil War Era and moving all the way into the early 21st century. The Museum's signature exhibit, The Fiery Trial, and the public Resource Center will also be highlighted.
Brett Lobello is the Curator of Education at the Civil War Museum, a part of the Kenosha Public Museums located in Wisconsin. He double majored in Psychology and History at Carroll College and earned a masters in History and a Museum Studies Certificate from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Brett is a Wisconsin Federation of Museums Board Member and a member of the American Association for State and Local History and the American Alliance of Museum’s professional Education Committee. He recently completed the Developing History Leaders program at the Seminar for Historical Administration.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Magee Pancake Breakfast & Community Fair
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Photos to Benefit Food Pantry
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- Friends of the Brookfield Library 10th Anniversary Open House
- Summit View Elementary / Liberty Dance Center Partnership
- MCW researcher to investigate leptospira bacteria
- From Youth Apprentice to Full-Time Employee
- Brookfield Ameriprise Professionals Earn Advanced Financial Industry Certifications