77% of America's children live in families shaped by loss from death, divorce, separation, and abandonment.
Children who experience trauma and grief are at an increased risk for mental health problems, impaired educational attainment, suicide, poor physical health.
Fortunately, in Waukesha County, our children have a place to go. Healing Hearts of Waukesha County provides a peer-to-peer grief support program for children, teens and adults. Healing Hearts serves participants who are grieving the loss of loved ones due to death, divorce, abandonment, separation, military deployment, incarceration or immigration. Meeting in a confidential setting, participants are guided by trained volunteers to work through the grieving process with others experiencing similar losses. The goals of the program are to break the isolation of grief; honor the loss and the feelings associated with loss; develop coping skills with the support of peers to deal with challenges associated with loss; integrate the loss into one’s life and foster a sense of hope. The program is free to all participants., and free childcare is offered for children younger than age 4.
The Spring session begins Monday, February 17 and continues through Monday, May 12, 2014. Meetings run from 6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. and are held at 121 Wisconsin Avenue in Waukesha.
If you know of a family who could benefit from this program, please contact Healing Hearts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-751-0874 or visit our website at www.healingheartsofwaukeshaco.org for more information.
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- SDNB Info Tech and Computer Science Students Leverage Field Experiences to Shape Future Plans
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition