Looking to cure your cabin fever? Come out and explore all the wonders of winter at night. Retzer Nature Center, S14 W28167 Madison Street in Waukesha, will hold its annual Wild Winter Night from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 1.
Enjoy guided winter night hikes throughout the evening, free snowshoe rentals and an informal sing-along by a warm campfire with s’mores and hot cocoa. There will be indoor activities like the Guess the Scat – candy game, Design a Frame or make a Recycled Bird Feeder. Explore the winter sky through an outdoor observation with telescopes, as well as an indoor Planetarium program entitled “Journey to the Stars”.
The guided Owl Prowl hikes are scheduled for 6:15 and 8:15 p.m. Listen closely, will you hear or see an owl? Learn about the owl and other nocturnal animals and just maybe you will find an owl pellet! Join in on the Winter Tracking Presentation where you can create an animal track booklet at 6:45 or 7:30 p.m.
Please note planetarium shows are limited to 90 people per show, and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be distributed beginning at 6:00 p.m. Show times are every half-hour starting at 6:30, last show is 8:30 p.m.
This event is held no matter what the weather, so please dress accordingly. There are a limited amount of snowshoes available so there may be a waiting time. A fee of $2.00 per person is payable at the door. No pre-registration is required.
The Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com, follow us on twitter @WaukeshaCoParks, or like Retzer Nature Center on Facebook.
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society