Hamilton High School’s Charger Corner earned Gold recertification this year and will be recognized at the DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta. Hamilton students who worked on attaining certification were store managers Therese Merkel and Grace Modl with assistance from faculty advisor and marketing teacher Skip Hay. This is the seventh time Charger Corner has earned Gold certification.
School-based enterprises (SBE) are effective educational tools in helping to prepare students for the transition from school to work or college. DECA developed the SBE Certification Program to recognize outstanding achievement and motivate excellence and growth. The program provides enterprises with standards for model school store operation. A DECA review committee determines if a school store is certified with a bronze, silver or gold designation. The gold certification is the highest among three levels.
DECA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization preparing its membership for careers in marketing, management, finance and hospitality. It has more than 190,000 members nationwide. Approximately 80 students are involved in Hamilton’s DECA Chapter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Workforce Development Center's Spring Job Fair
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities