Hamilton High School junior Ariel Pershman and sophomore Yuchun Wang were recognized in the 2014 Award for Aspirations in Computing competition sponsored by the Wisconsin National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT). Pershman was selected one of 10 Wisconsin Affiliate Award winners and Wang was a runner-up.
Award recipients were selected for their aptitude and interest in information technology and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history and plans for post-secondary education.
An awards event will be hosted April 28 at Alverno College in Milwaukee.
Pershman and Wang are active members of Charger Robotics Team 537. Both students are involved in the team’s code group and are expanding their skill sets with C++ programming language. In addition, Pershman is part of the team’s web group.
NCWIT is a coalition of more than 450 corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and nonprofit organizations working to increase women’s participation in information technology. Its works covers K-12 and higher education through industry and academic careers. For more information visit www.ncwit.org.
- Waukesha Named Vietnam War Commemoration Partner
- Civic Senior Players Come to Delafield Public Library
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST