Hamilton High School junior Ariel Pershman and sophomore Yuchun Wang were recognized in the 2014 Award for Aspirations in Computing competition sponsored by the Wisconsin National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT). Pershman was selected one of 10 Wisconsin Affiliate Award winners and Wang was a runner-up.
Award recipients were selected for their aptitude and interest in information technology and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history and plans for post-secondary education.
An awards event will be hosted April 28 at Alverno College in Milwaukee.
Pershman and Wang are active members of Charger Robotics Team 537. Both students are involved in the team’s code group and are expanding their skill sets with C++ programming language. In addition, Pershman is part of the team’s web group.
NCWIT is a coalition of more than 450 corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and nonprofit organizations working to increase women’s participation in information technology. Its works covers K-12 and higher education through industry and academic careers. For more information visit www.ncwit.org.
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities