Hamilton High School junior Ariel Pershman and sophomore Yuchun Wang were recognized in the 2014 Award for Aspirations in Computing competition sponsored by the Wisconsin National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT). Pershman was selected one of 10 Wisconsin Affiliate Award winners and Wang was a runner-up.
Award recipients were selected for their aptitude and interest in information technology and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history and plans for post-secondary education.
An awards event will be hosted April 28 at Alverno College in Milwaukee.
Pershman and Wang are active members of Charger Robotics Team 537. Both students are involved in the team’s code group and are expanding their skill sets with C++ programming language. In addition, Pershman is part of the team’s web group.
NCWIT is a coalition of more than 450 corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and nonprofit organizations working to increase women’s participation in information technology. Its works covers K-12 and higher education through industry and academic careers. For more information visit www.ncwit.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Magee Pancake Breakfast & Community Fair
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Photos to Benefit Food Pantry
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- Friends of the Brookfield Library 10th Anniversary Open House
- Summit View Elementary / Liberty Dance Center Partnership
- MCW researcher to investigate leptospira bacteria
- From Youth Apprentice to Full-Time Employee
- Brookfield Ameriprise Professionals Earn Advanced Financial Industry Certifications