Hamilton High School junior Ariel Pershman and sophomore Yuchun Wang were recognized in the 2014 Award for Aspirations in Computing competition sponsored by the Wisconsin National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT). Pershman was selected one of 10 Wisconsin Affiliate Award winners and Wang was a runner-up.
Award recipients were selected for their aptitude and interest in information technology and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history and plans for post-secondary education.
An awards event will be hosted April 28 at Alverno College in Milwaukee.
Pershman and Wang are active members of Charger Robotics Team 537. Both students are involved in the team’s code group and are expanding their skill sets with C++ programming language. In addition, Pershman is part of the team’s web group.
NCWIT is a coalition of more than 450 corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and nonprofit organizations working to increase women’s participation in information technology. Its works covers K-12 and higher education through industry and academic careers. For more information visit www.ncwit.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- New Ongoing Program at the Library: Saturday Crafternoons
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- New Program Series at the Library: Senior Well-being Series
- Catholic Memorial wins engineering competition
- Liberty Dance Center rolls out the red carpet
- Christ the King Church Announces New Fall Worship Schedule
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- SWIM STAFF NEEDED
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces 2015 Fall Semester Scholarship Recipients