Oak Hill Terrace Senior Community will host an educational seminar entitled, "The Gift and Challenge of Being a Caregiver." Join us as our speaker, Adele Lund of the Laureate Group helps us to ponder one of the most rewarding and most challenging roles. She'll address:
• What should we “reasonably” expect from someone who is a caregiver?
• What keeps a caregiver from asking for help?
• When it comes to caring for someone with memory loss . . . Why is it that we are reluctant to make decisions on their behalf?
• What causes you to become overwhelmed?
And then there’s the “Guilt”. This program will help you gain some understanding, validation, and to put it all in perspective.
The program will be held on Tuesday, March 11th from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Oak Hill Terrace, 1805 Kensington Drive in Waukesha. A light supper will be provided and tours of Oak Hill Terrace will be available after the program. Please RSVP to 262-548-1457 no later than Friday, March 7th.
Oak Hill Terrace is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments, as well as compassionate dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- St. James Parish Festival to Be Held in Mukwonago Aug. 14-16
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities