WAUKESHA – On February 26th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host an evening with David Bradford. He will combine his medical training and genealogical interest to describe how DNA testing has become a powerful tool capable of contributing to family history research. Because of the costs of testing, he will help you develop a DNA testing strategy, explain the limits of testing and provide examples of the questions answered by the three types of tests:
Y-Chromosome DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, Ancestral DNA.
David Bradford is a Wisconsin native with a B.S. in medicine from UW Madison and an MBA from UW Milwaukee. He is a longstanding member of the Rock County Genealogical Society and has served as its director, webmaster, indexer, secretary vice chair and chairman of the board of the Rock County (WI) Genealogical Society, as well as the 2012 inductee into the WSGS Virginia V. Irvin Genealogical Volunteer Hall of Fame. He researches pioneers from southern Wisconsin for others, and has indexed several historical Rock County, WI books and atlases. He lectures regionally on a topics related to genealogy, medicine and technology.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Unit bring safety education to Wings over Waukesha Saturday, August 23