WAUKESHA – On February 26th the Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host an evening with David Bradford. He will combine his medical training and genealogical interest to describe how DNA testing has become a powerful tool capable of contributing to family history research. Because of the costs of testing, he will help you develop a DNA testing strategy, explain the limits of testing and provide examples of the questions answered by the three types of tests:
Y-Chromosome DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, Ancestral DNA.
David Bradford is a Wisconsin native with a B.S. in medicine from UW Madison and an MBA from UW Milwaukee. He is a longstanding member of the Rock County Genealogical Society and has served as its director, webmaster, indexer, secretary vice chair and chairman of the board of the Rock County (WI) Genealogical Society, as well as the 2012 inductee into the WSGS Virginia V. Irvin Genealogical Volunteer Hall of Fame. He researches pioneers from southern Wisconsin for others, and has indexed several historical Rock County, WI books and atlases. He lectures regionally on a topics related to genealogy, medicine and technology.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Snap Challenge
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Billie Kubly to Receive Evan P. Helfaer Award for Philanthropic Leadership
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Sept. 24
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Operation Forward March to benefit Wounded Warrior Project