Waukesha County Youth Hockey Association invites boys and girls ages four to nine years old to Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena on Saturday, March 1 from 3pm to 5pm for a Try Hockey for Free clinic to experience ice hockey for the first time and learn the basics of the sport in a fun, safe environment.
The Try Hockey for Free clinic is part of USA Hockey’s seventh annual Hockey Weekend Across America celebration, which runs nationwide Feb. 28- March 2. This program, designed to provide youth hockey associations a national platform to introduce new kids to the sport, is a joint‐effort between USA Hockey, the National Hockey League, and NHL member clubs. With Total Hockey and Liberty Mutual Responsible Sports, the official sponsors of Try Hockey For Free Day, USA Hockey has close to 500 locations offering kids between the ages of 4 and 9 years old this unique opportunity.
“We look forward to introducing new families to our sport,” said Kevin Wilderman, President of Waukesha County Youth Hockey Association.
To register for one of the 500 Try Hockey for Free opportunities, please visit www.TryHockeyForFree.com or contact Heather Sheppard at 262-902-0806.
About Hockey Weekend Across America
The seventh annual Hockey Weekend Across America, presented by CCM, is a three-day celebration of the sport of hockey at every level. Each day of the weekend has a theme, including Wear Your Favorite Hockey Jersey, sponsored by ShopUSAHockey.com on Friday, Feb. 28; Try Hockey Day, sponsored by the NHL, on Saturday, March 1, including 500 locations hosting Try Hockey for Free clinics; and Celebrate Local Hockey Heroes, on Sunday, March 2. In addition on Sunday, NBC’s Hockey Day in America coverage, which includes an NHL matinee game featuring Philadelphia at Washington on NBC and broadcasting of an evening game between Boston and the New York Rangers on NBC Sports Network. Along with its game coverage, NBC will also produce content in and around the games showcasing hockey at all levels in the United States. For more information on Hockey Weekend Across America, visit www.HockeyWeekendAcrossAmerica.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brandish Creative Group moves to larger offices in Oconomowoc
- Waukesha's Historic Preservation Days
- 5th Annual STEM for Girls/STEM para Chicas on May 7th at Waukesha STEM Saratoga Campus
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education HELPING STUDENTS PREPARE FOR NEW CAREERS
- Free Movie Screening
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level